Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dennis appears to be among the strongest hurricanes to ever hit the US. We haven't recovered from Hurricane Ivan which was a Cat 3 and now we are facing a Cat 4. If the pressure continues at 930mb when it comes ashore it will be the 7th strongest hurricane to reach the united states. We are looking at 135-145 mph which is about the same as hurricane Andrew which hit near Miami in 1992.

There hasn't been much gasoline available here since Friday and some lines were a few hundred cars long. Right now we are just about isolated because of closed roads and bridges and with a predicted tidal surge of 15 - 20 feet we could lose a couple of major bridges.

I hope to still have a home and a business at 7PM this evening.

Say a prayer for us.

Oldtimer
Pensacola, Florida

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Oldtimer said:
Dennis appears to be among the strongest hurricanes to ever hit the US. We haven't recovered from Hurricane Ivan which was a Cat 3 and now we are facing a Cat 4. If the pressure continues at 930mb when it comes ashore it will be the 7th strongest hurricane to reach the united states. We are looking at 135-145 mph which is about the same as hurricane Andrew which hit near Miami in 1992.

There hasn't been much gasoline available here since Friday and some lines were a few hundred cars long. Right now we are just about isolated because of closed roads and bridges and with a predicted tidal surge of 15 - 20 feet we could lose a couple of major bridges.

Say a prayer for us.

Oldtimer
Pensacola, Florida
Good luck oldtimer...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hey Oldtimer, Hope you and your family are safe. Really starting to pick up now. One of those things that you pray that it doesn't hit you and also pry for those that will be hit the worst.

Godspeed
Rhett

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Oldtimer said:

Say a prayer for us.

Oldtimer
Pensacola, Florida
Hang in there buddy and let us know how things turn out for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Oldtimer said:

Say a prayer for us.
Oldtimer said:
Keep fingers crossed dear friend, I know how you feel in Panhandle right now. We got 4 in Central Florida last year; Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, the worst was Charley (direct hit) which wrecked most damage and had made so many LCO wealthy instantly. But I am not gonna say more cause it will be very inappropiate at this time, my best wishes to you and family and folks in the area. Looking for the best.

Prayers to you all.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Good Luck To You OT'r!

Would be great to send these menaces to countries who live a life of murder & violence!

I once took threats of a hurricane as a cry wolf syndrome, Not Anymore!... :help:
Joe

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I lived on P'cola beach until '92. My 5 sisters and their families still live there. They left yesterday morning about 3 am except for my brother in law. He's an editor at the Journal and has to be there.
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to live there in the wake of the last one. It's going to be hell living there after this one.
The hurricane center says Navarre is going to get the most of the wind. It's still about 2 hours from landfall yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.