Lawn Care Forum banner

hurricane Irene

11K views 109 replies 26 participants last post by  NC_Irrigator 
#1 ·
On its current forecast path, Irene would spread destructive hurricane-force winds (gusts between 80 to 100 mph) across the Delmarva coast, eastern New Jersey, New York City, western Long Island and southwestern New England.

Looks to me like lots of tree cleanup work coming up.

#6 ·
We've now entered DEFCOM 1.
As I was listening to local radio, why does everyone wait until the day before landfall to buy a genreator? Sounds like everyone buys a generator for every hurricane threat. People spend loads of money when they panic buy.

Why can't people panic buy an irrigation system?

#12 ·
What state do you all think would be the LEAST susceptible to natural disasters? The east coast and Colorado had earthquakes the other day, hurricanes coming up the coast now, tornadoes hit hard earlier this year, drought conditions down south. So what state has the best comfort zone?

#13 ·
What state do you all think would be the LEAST susceptible to natural disasters? The east coast and Colorado had earthquakes the other day, hurricanes coming up the coast now, tornadoes hit hard earlier this year, drought conditions down south. So what state has the best comfort zone?
A few beers and my state has a nice comfort zone.

vermont maybe?

#17 ·
I think this would put everyone in the mood...

#19 ·
Well I am not looking forward to this AT ALL.... I just moved a camper down to buxton, NC (which is on cape hatteras island) just last weekend. I have just finished strapping it down with mobile home anchors. This will be the first time ever going through this. I'm sure I will be a basket case all weekend long. Let's hope it goes offshore.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.