Hurricane Preparation

Discussion in 'Tree Care Equipment' started by LawnCareBowling2019, May 22, 2019.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I'd just say screw it and stay inside.

Cam15 and Doc8406 like this.
  2. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Platinum Member

Just a note about getting fuel before hand. I would suggest loading up on fuel 3 days before predicted landfall. The day before super storm sandy was supposed to hit here many of the gas stations were out of fuel. People were driving around frantically.

3. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Burning up what little fuel they had left.
    ;)

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Despite El Nino they are calling for a near normal Hurricane season. Warmer Ocean. Monsoons in Africa.
    Need chainsaws. Husky or Stihl Bobcat or tractor with a grappler. Dump truck. Chipper shredder with a way to load the chips directly into a truck

Cam15, RussellB and Mow-Daddy.com like this.
  5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

You'll need a place to dump the debris or you'll waste all your time sitting in line at the landfill. Where are you located?

6. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

I am not a rookie but I still learn a lot I work for a lot clearer in the winter and he also is a tree service with me working with him for three winters straight I’m still learning. But to answer your question gets several bars, chains , oil, mix, ect. You need wedges sledge hammer, maul, axe, hand saws ect. You will need bull rope, climbing rope, block and tackle, chains 5/16, winches, come along, rigging rope, You will never see a self respecting arborist use a ladder. It is dangerous as all get out to work off of one with a saw. Do not do it!!! I hate to be that guy in here but in hurricanes people have just lost a lot of there stuff yes insurance pays for it. But don’t be a dick and charge outrageous prices to cut trees and stuff no one likes that guy. Be safe.

Cam15 and knox gsl like this.