Husky 570, 580 or shindaiwa 802

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ilucas, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ilucas

ilucas LawnSite Member

Hi All,

I have been reading all I can find on these 5 blowers (includes redmax 7500 and 8500)
    I have all 3 dealers within 10 to 15 miles of me.

I will be using the blower mostly for my property and my fathers (heavy leaves) and for powdered snow on walkways at a complex that I take care of.

I had an Echo 403-t which was a great little blower for about 10 years. Well it took just a little too long to do the leaves and was not that good for powdered snow on the walkways. Now I want to nuke the leaves and snow and make short work of it all!

I have read so much of what you guys have put out there and it is really helpful and interesting as well as entertaining...lol. Most of the threads are a little old and I was wondering if any of you that had the 570/7500 still feel as strong about them compared to the 580/8500's? Or for guys like Riding greene who have switched over to the 802 as their preference. My main objective is to get the best blower for the 2 jobs I stated above. An update of your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ilucas

2. Grass Bass

Grass Bass LawnSite Member

For the big leaf jobs its hard to beat the performance of a 580. The 570 and 802 are damn good blowers as well though. You won't be disappointed with any of the listed blowers but for my money it would be a 580!

kawasaki guy likes this.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i agree

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For leaves the 580 may be a tad stronger, but not by much, and not enough to make a big difference. In the snow, I'll take the higher air speed of the 570 and 902 every time. I use mine in the winter as well, so it is not guessing on my part. If you can get your hands on the new Maruyama 9000, it will be the best in both arenas due to the air speed, air flow, and the different tips, which is what makes the 802 so versatile.

5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

Husky 580. I've run Shin 802 854 and have several 580's

580 the better choice.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Why don't you quit lying to everyone. You haven't run the 802 enough to know anything, if you have ran it at all, and you sure haven't run it in the snow.

7. Turf Tracer

No I haven't run the 802 in the snow. LOL

I also own the yama 9000 and it will outdo the 580. Worth a drive and a few more $$$

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Now that's the first post you've made that I can agree with.

9. Turf Tracer

That is Amazing. Considering you claim to have never used a yama

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I know several guys on here who do and also that have 8500, and they are guys that I trust and can believe it if they say it regarding the 9000, but I was mainly talking about you not using the 802. Not that hard to understand.