1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Husky or echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Buckeye71, May 20, 2020.

1. Buckeye71

Buckeye71 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Looking at the husky 525LS or the echo 2620 non T would like to hear the good and bad of both

2. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

2620 is smoother, and feels stronger. Husky is lighter and better balance, and anti vibe handle.

both are nice.

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Buckeye71

Buckeye71 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

What one is better as far as longevity

4. Advance_lawn_care

Advance_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member
    from AR

Weed eaters are cheap, chose performance and comfort. Just my 2 cents. Either way I used my 525 2 part time years and 2 full time years before I had issues. My 262 shindiawa which I think is the same as the echo you mentioned is a combi I use for various things. 2 years old full time still going....just bought a 322 husqvarna weed eater this year. A little weaker than the 525 but worth it for how light it is. Even if I only get a year or two out of the 322 its feather light. For some reason the anti vibe handle on the 525 seemes better tho. 322 makes my hand go numb, 525 never did.

ARN Greencare likes this.
  5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Get a stihl94 an call it a day, son.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have the husqvarna 525LK. i've been using it about 5 years no problems. it accepts attachments and i use the edger blade and a trimmer attachment.

it is in the shop for replacing the fuel lines right now which isn't a big deal. happens to every trimmer.

i've picked up echo trimmers before in the store. they are a bit heavier and not as balanced as husqvarna trimmers...same goes for stihl trimmers. i think the stihl fs94r felt pretty good though when i picked it up. all the others felt terrible. i owned a honda trimmer and it was a bit heavier but it was balanced very well. it's 15 years old still going.

trimming is all about balance and weight to me. that's what is most important. 25cc is big enough to cut through anything you don't need huge 35cc trimmers unless you are putting a saw blade on the end of it for cutting down small trees lol.

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  7. JayinKs

JayinKs LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Lightweight, well balanced and plenty of power for weekly and even biweekly.

8. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

does the fs 94r really only weight 10lbs? That is likely one of the best power to weight ratios on the market.

My only issues with the 94r from past use is the dumb choke, you have to turn it and then push it in. I can't tell how much fuel is in the dang tank because it's too think and not as transparent as i prefer. don't like the head after using speed feed. And the gas cap is a pain. YOu would think over all the years stihl been making handhelds, they could come with a normal gas cap. They always either have the little flip dee doo which inevitably stops to work properly over time. Or they have this one which is nearly impossible to get your fingers on and remove.

I ended up chosing the srm225 years ago because of many of these little reasons. It's a little heavier at 12lbs, but the gas cap is easy, i can see how much fuel is in it easily, the choke is a breeze, and it comes with the speed feed head.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  9. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I'm ok with Stihls but the gas tank is a nightmare. Literally first on the the list of upgrades they need to make. For the life of me I don't know what they're thinking with it. I can deal with the annoying choke, but that should be changed as well. Works easier on the blowers but it sucks on the trimmers.

10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

I find it interesting everybody so gun ho about the speed feed head. Ill take the stihl trimmer head everytime over speed feed

mgoldman likes this.