1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Husky or echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Buckeye71, May 20, 2020.

1. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

I tried putting my husky head back on my 430lst the other day. My complaint with the husky head has always been, and still is that it lets out too much line. Any of them, I’ve go the T25, T35 & T35X. I use no guard so when it lets out too much I had to stop and wind it back a couple turns.
    Speed feed is better in my opinion, not because of the manner of loading it, I used red Mac and old style echo heads for years as well as the huskys. None are too difficult or time consuming to load. But the speed feed holds a lot, is lighter (which lets it spin faster) and in my 5th year of use I haven’t had one fail. And yes of course they are easy to load.

2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

I am just happy not to have to carry a monkey wrench around anymore to let a little bit of line oot.

weeze and Green Industry Pro like this.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i keep the guards on my trimmer so i don't have this issue :laugh:

they hold the same amount of trimmer line....about 25ft

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  4. Bumpmaster

I cant cut with guard on. :dizzy:

ARN Greencare and sjessen like this.
  5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I can but prefer having no guard.

6. Bumpmaster

Bought that new Echo had guard on with safety glasses. Still got grass in my eye. Got home an cut it off.

ARN Greencare and sjessen like this.
  7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Cut the guard off the Echo battery trimmer also.

8. Bumpmaster

:nono:thats dads

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

#1 reason for the guard is to keep the string the proper length. it doesn't really stop debris from flying too much only a little.

Mownmachine144 and Valk like this.
  10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Well said, weeze.

Mownmachine144 likes this.