Husqvara 129L trimmer suddenly runs like a piece of crap...

Tucssarg1005

LawnSite Member
bought this trimmer in April and Friday just in a split second while in use the engine ran with a low pitch, compared to the high pitch noise it used to make. It began to vibrate more while in use and the head spins constantly even while not squeezing the throttle.

I may have mixed a bit too much oil in my gas last week so maybe that caused the issue. Is this just a carb adjustment and cleanin’?

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Your clutch spring may have broke. Does the head spin when you try and start it?

Hazydaze

LawnSite Member
You said it's a low pitch but you also say the head spins. What are the rpms like?
Is the clutch stuck? Can you spin the head freely or does it want to turn the motor also?
Check your exhaust screen. Is it plugged?

OP
T

Tucssarg1005

LawnSite Member
You said it's a low pitch but you also say the head spins. What are the rpms like?
Is the clutch stuck? Can you spin the head freely or does it want to turn the motor also?
Check your exhaust screen. Is it plugged?
The trimmer sometimes now wants to bog down when first starting but once it’s gets going the rpm seem to be normal. The engine does hesitate a bit when I squeeze the throttle but it’s hitting top speed when it gets to its peak.