Husqvarna 123L

intimidator782

LawnSite Member
I have a Husky 123L trimmer i bought that wasnt running. I determined it was out of time on the flywheel and i know this is probably a bad idea, but i welded the flywheel to the crankshaft. Anyways it runs really well now but the problem is the clutch. The clutch is not working right and when you try to start it the head spins. It has done this before and i have taken it apart and put it back together and im not sure what i did but it was fixed. So i went to start it yesterday and it did the same thing. I was just wondering if anyone on here knows anything i can do to try to fix it. Its not that big of a deal but i was just wondering if anyone could give some advice.

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Your problem is in the clutches. Worn clutches will make the head spin all the time. You either need to look at them or replace them. On a 123 model, I personally wouldn't spend too much time on it.

dutch1

LawnSite Silver Member
As DT indicates, the head continuing to rotate lies in a problem with the clutch/drum assembly, unless of course the rpm's don't reduce significantly to release the clutch. The clutch shoes are closed at lower rps's by one spring and that spring is likely broken. When inspecting the shoes, spring and clutch drum also check the bearings that the drum runs on. If the drum/shoes do not have excessive wear you can replace the spring and get some additional service from the unit.

Dutch

OP
I

intimidator782

LawnSite Member
Everything looks fine in it. And i started last night and the clutch ran just as it should. Im not too worried about it because if i dont sell it, i will just keep it as backup. But it would still be nice if the clutch worked right.

Top Forums