• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Husqvarna 150BT

intimidator782

LawnSite Member
I am looking into getting a backpack blower this year. I am wanting to expand from 8 yards to around 30. My question is will a Husqvarna 150BT suit me well and last a long time? My dad has one that i have borrowed but i need to buy a blower so i dont wear his out because it is for our own yard. (long long driveway) I know most are against box store stuff but ive heard of some crews using these commercially as well. If i could choose between this one and an echo for the same price, which would be better? I could get a new Echo at home depot for about the same price. Any advice is appreciated!!

rreyn1812

LawnSite Senior Member
I am looking into getting a backpack blower this year. I am wanting to expand from 8 yards to around 30. My question is will a Husqvarna 150BT suit me well and last a long time? ... Any advice is appreciated!!
Bought one at the end of last season for leaves. Have about 2 hrs on it, but it has been great. Don't know why it wouldn't last a long time.

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
150Bt is the same as RedMax EBZ5001. It is very very popular in my area where we don't need super blowers. This and the Echo PB413/460 make up 90% of the blowers used here. So can't be bad. You can't beat the price at $299. Nothing wrong buying in Lowes. There are enough horror stories with dealers.

unkownfl

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have the bt150 and the 323l both have been great to me. I have almost two years with them and about 20 yards a week on average. I haven't done a single thing to them and run the cheapest 2 stroke oil around in them.

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
My dad passed down his 145BT (the model is now power-equivalent to the 150) to us a few years ago. He bought it new in 1998 and has used it every year to take care of a lot of leaves at his few properties. We have been using it commercially for about 4 years, we have always just run whatever 2-stroke oil we have, still runs like it did when we started. Just changed the plug and have had to redo the ground a couple times. I don't know how the newer models compare to it, but it was a very reliable model.

Grass Shark

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a 145BT (same as 150 BT) that I bought used last year. We use that unit for blowing grass off the walks and drives, it is perfect for that being that it has enough power for that type of work and is as light as a feather compared to my redmax 8000's. I have not had one problem with it and would buy another when this dies.

IF you are going to be doing BIG leaf clean ups and this is the ONLY blower you have then you NEED to buy a BIGGER ONE!

FryDaddy

LawnSite Member
I have had my 150bt since 08. Its a good blower with no problems (other than a spark plug). Do good if your not doing a lot of big clean ups. For the price, you can't go wrong. Got mine from Lowes...

dwost

LawnSite Bronze Member
I too have had the 145BT for over 4 years without issue. Runs strong and starts on the second or third pull every time. Not the most powerful but for general cleanup it works great. Also light and easy on the back.

tallimeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
the older 145 and 150 blowers were Kawasaki . The newer models within the past two years are the Redmax EBZ5000,s where Husqvarna ownes Redmax. They are now called the 350BT since last year. Good blower. Not super power full for large amounts of leaves though.