Husqvarna 21" Hi-Vac Walk Behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. Landscape89

    Landscape89 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 237

    I am thinking about buying a 21" Husqvarna High-Vac Mower for the Spring. An option on one of the models is something called "BBC", does anyone know what this means? Also, any opinions if you own one of these mowers if its worth the money. Thanks :waving:
  2. kdbetters

    kdbetters LawnSite Member
    Messages: 70

    it means blade brake clutch. that means you can disengage the blade without turning off the mower.
  3. john_incircuit

    john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC
    Messages: 310

    Six month ago I purchased a Husqvarna 21 inch WB (65RSW21). Had to return it after one week, the plastic piece at the very end, where the drag flap is attached to, was so low that it got hung up on every little bump in the grass.

    And the caster wheels.... after 6 e-mail with the service center, they mailed me the wrong replacement part.

  4. Eddie B

    Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone
    Messages: 859

    Last year when I cut a lot of small lawns I was looking for a new 21" and had a chance to use the Husqvarna 21" Hi-Vac along with the Toro 21" personal pace. In my opinion the Husqvarna performed much better. It was easier to manuver, and the BBC was a huge plus. Starting the engine after emtying each bag is just a pain. The Only downside is that it picked up a little TOO much grass. (maybe i'm just too lazy to empty all the bags?) I went with the Toro and missed the BBC option. Toro used to offer the BBC up until the personal pace models. The Husqvarna performs great and i'd recommend it to anyone using it a lot. I've just been hooked on Toro and I just bought an older one last week with the BBC and aluminum deck. Its cheaper and great for knocking out a few townhomes here and there.

Share This Page