1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna 48 PZT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Curtis Avery, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Curtis Avery

Curtis Avery LawnSite Member

I own a husqvarna PZT and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me with the issues that im experiencing. What type of blades work best for sedgehammer?
    When I stop at the end of a pass to turnthe wheel spins and tears up the turf. I can prevent this by taking a little extra time when I turn, but there has to be a better solution. I do not have this issues when I use my chopper. Is there a better tire to use?

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Have you checked to see if the tires have the correct pressure. Over inflation will cause a lack of traction since the full tread width isn't touching the ground. I've found that 9 or 10 psi all around works best on average. The ride is also much better.
    Stan

3. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 52" Husky and have been experiencing the same problem. Love the mower but this is a problem. Having to be very careful on turns.

4. Curtis Avery

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try tomorrow. The mower is very heavy compared to other mowers and im sure that contributes to some of the issue. I see different opinions about blades and was hoping someone with a husky had a suggestion for blades. I see the G6 , i wonder if they work.

5. Curtis Avery

Dan, im going to try the pressure suggested but I wonder is a different tire would help. Its time consuming when i have to turn.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

K turns is pretty standard for a ztr
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Get a Timesaver 30 my man! :cool2:

8. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Timemaster over a ztr. That's funny.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Nine large in the pocket an bet dollar's to donuts you will not be complaining about turfing up a yard as much.

10. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol. You cutting 1/4-1+ acres with a 30" Timemaster? Most have no use for something that small and problematic. Better to adjust to a real machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device