Husqvarna 570/ Stihl 600 BP blower review- warning pic heavy!!

OP
Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
You'll love the 570. It is the single best BP out right now. The power is way beyond the 600, especially after it gets broken in good. The RM 7500 is the same machine, and I prefer its tube mounted throttle to the Husky's, but the Husky has the best shoulder harness by far of any big blower out, and I've ran all of them now. It is simply so much more comfortable than my 600 was that I stopped using the 600 until I sold it.

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
You'll love the 570. It is the single best BP out right now. The power is way beyond the 600, especially after it gets broken in good. The RM 7500 is the same machine, and I prefer its tube mounted throttle to the Husky's, but the Husky has the best shoulder harness by far of any big blower out, and I've ran all of them now. It is simply so much more comfortable than my 600 was that I stopped using the 600 until I sold it.
Without also having a 580, that statement is not totally accurate. The 570 is awesome but for somebody looking to spend that kind of money, depending on what all he's doing the 570 is not the best.

The "search" feature will show that. With the exception of a few users, past posts point to the 580 unless one doesn't do leaves, cleanups, or doesn't want the weight.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 Cycle

LawnSite Senior Member
If you are looking for a middle of the road blower, like a general use type, I scored an echo 755 at Home Depot the other day for $250 in the refurb section. Thing was brand new lol. Won't give you the furious power during cleanup of the 8500 but for that $ it is nice. I guess the point is don't limit yourself. Do you want pure power? Comfort? Some people don't need all that pop. I have the 8500 on the truck all day and I can promise you it is a horse to strap on but I lead our mulch crew so my needs are different. During clean ups those things are prized. The runts get the redmax 8050 and / or sucker duty lol

ddixon7

LawnSite Senior Member
It is like this... This is a no BS honest opinion from someone who has owned a lot of blowers and has personal real world and hands on experience. TONS of it and tons of feedback from my guys...

If you are going to have a dedicated blower for big piles of leaves, then the 580/8500 is the obvious choice because it does do better in this role. That is not to say the 570/7500 is shabby at it, as there is NO other blower on the market that comes within a country mile of it in leaves other than the 580/8500. The gap between the 570/7500 and 580/8500 even in leaves is not huge.

Now, if you are a man who needs only one blower for EVERYTHING, the 570/7500 is the clear winner. It is lighter (though, the 580/8500 is not heavy and nowhere near as heavy as the old 8000), more fuel efficient (not a big deal but the 580/8500 uses at least 15% more gas, probably even more), and is better at blowing clippings and debris.

We use both everyday side by side, along with a pair of 2007 model 8001s. When I go to blow leaves, I pick up the 8500 personally, but have NO qualms about picking up the 7500. NONE. But I will tell you, when it comes time in the early spring to blow gravel out of my own lawn from pushing snow with my tractor blade, the 7500 is the one I want. When I do gumballs, I pick the 7500.

Simple as this. The 8500 blows quite a bit more air quite a bit slower. The 7500 blows quite a bit less air quite a bit faster. In most applications, the real world result is the same. But, in debris movement the 7500 shines and in heavy leaves the 8500 shines. But, the gap is not that wide in either scenario so the reason we all recommend the 570/7500 is because it is a tad cheaper and is lighter and more fuel efficient. Not that these are huge deals but we have to separate them somehow. I am truly satisfied with both machines. The best scenario is to have both but that is not necessary for a lot of people. You can't go wrong with either.

This is my opinion based on my experience. I will tell you that both machines need several hours of break in to achieve their maximum performance. Don't simply demo a brand new machine and make your judgement. Put about 15 hours on it and it will be a totally different animal. They are both amazing blowers.

Last edited:

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
It is like this... This is a no BS honest opinion from someone who has owned a lot of blowers and has personal real world and hands on experience. TONS of it and tons of feedback from my guys...

If you are going to have a dedicated blower for big piles of leaves, then the 580/8500 is the obvious choice because it does do better in this role. That is not to say the 570/7500 is shabby at it, as there is NO other blower on the market that comes within a country mile of it in leaves other than the 580/8500. The gap between the 570/7500 and 580/8500 even in leaves is not huge.

Now, if you are a man who needs only one blower for EVERYTHING, the 570/7500 is the clear winner. It is lighter (though, the 580/8500 is not heavy and nowhere near as heavy as the old 8000), more fuel efficient (not a big deal but the 580/8500 uses at least 15% more gas, probably even more), and is better at blowing clippings and debris.

We use both everyday side by side, along with a pair of 2007 model 8001s. When I go to blow leaves, I pick up the 8500 personally, but have NO qualms about picking up the 7500. NONE. But I will tell you, when it comes time in the early spring to blow gravel out of my own lawn from pushing snow with my tractor blade, the 7500 is the one I want. When I do gumballs, I pick the 7500.

Simple as this. The 8500 blows quite a bit more air quite a bit slower. The 7500 blows quite a bit less air quite a bit faster. In most applications, the real world result is the same. But, in debris movement the 7500 shines and in heavy leaves the 8500 shines. But, the gap is not that wide in either scenario so the reason we all recommend the 570/7500 is because it is a tad cheaper and is lighter and more fuel efficient. Not that these are huge deals but we have to separate them somehow. I am truly satisfied with both machines. The best scenario is to have both but that is not necessary for a lot of people. You can't go wrong with either.

This is my opinion based on my experience. I will tell you that both machines need several hours of break in to achieve their maximum performance. Don't simply demo a brand new machine and make your judgement. Put about 15 hours on it and it will be a totally different animal. They are both amazing blowers.
Great assessment.

Its all in what you plan to do. While we also use both, when the time comes I'll be getting another 580 unless something bigger comes out, but only because we do a lot of leaves and cleanups. The 570 doesnt move material like the 580. If not for that I would go for the 570.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic

This is well stated, and accurate. It is also what I have said repeatedly on this forum, they are both very close in real world performance, with a slight edge going to the 580/8500 for heavy leaf piles, but it isn't enough of a difference to worry about. I'll take the overall versatility of the 570/7500 every time.

Like I have also said before, and here as well, and which you just reiterated, the 570 is the single best blower for the guy who needs but one unit for their operation or home. Can't get anymore accurate than that.

ddixon7

LawnSite Senior Member
I'll tell you another thing, I wonder if people think the 8500 is so much better that the 7500 because the old 8000 really WAS much more powerful than the old 7000. Also, because it is roughly 10cc larger and has a bigger price tag and model number, that also might be inflating peoples opinion of it. I try my hardest to be biased towards the 8500, but I just simply can't. Why would I say this and why would Ridin' be so adamant about it if it wasn't wholeheartedly our feelings? I don't honestly give 2 hoots about the weight, the price increase, or the fuel consumption increase... But if there is going to be a blower that is superior in these categories and delivers virtually the same performance, why the heck not take advantage of it?

Zenoah probably didn't mean for these blowers to be as similar as they are. They were trying to probably keep the same gap as the 7000 and 8000 but it simply isn't the case.

Last edited:
OP
Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Exactly! That is another thing I have said when arguing with echo about this. The gap just isn't what people assume it should be based on cc's and price, size etc, just as you point out here. I have nothing against power. In fact I'll happily pay a bit more for it, but only when I can clearly see it in real world use. If not, i'll save myself a few bucks and reap the benefit of a superior all around blower.

What I can't stand is for someone to flat out lie to the readers of this site and constantly say the 580/8500 is a LOT stronger than the 570/7500. It simply isn't so. I've ran both on real world debrid/wet leaves several times now. I don't need to spend money on one to know that.

Frankly, if RM/Husky comes out with a 590 or some such that is clearly superior in performance to either of the current two, I'll buy one in a heartbeat. Until then, I'm extremely happy with my 570.

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'll tell you another thing, I wonder if people think the 8500 is so much better that the 7500 because the old 8000 really WAS much more powerful than the old 7000. Also, because it is roughly 10cc larger and has a bigger price tag and model number, that also might be inflating peoples opinion of it. I try my hardest to be biased towards the 8500, but I just simply can't. Why would I say this and why would Ridin' be so adamant about it if it wasn't wholeheartedly our feelings. I don't honestly give 2 hoots about the weight, the price increase, or the fuel consumption increase... But if there is going to be a blower that is superior in these categories and delivers virtually the same performance, why the heck not take advantage of it?

Zenoah probably didn't mean for these blowers to be as similar as they are. They were trying to probably keep the same gap as the 7000 and 8000 but it simply isn't the case.
A search will show that you 2 are the few in preferring the the 570 over the 580.

The 580 just blows more. The swath is larger, the power is superior when blowing/moving walls of leaves/material. The 570 is no doubt the best mow, blow and go mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums