Husqvarna 570/ Stihl 600 BP blower review- warning pic heavy!!

ddixon7

LawnSite Senior Member
About a decade ago when Redmax came out with the ebz8000, Shindaiwa shortly followed with the eb8510. Shindaiwa was trying to claim the most powerful over the Redmax. So, I bought both. The eb8510 was the biggest POS I ever owned. They were roughly the same in power, but the Shindaiwa was uncomfortable and blew up very quickly. Kept replacing them under warranty until I gave up on them. The Redmax lasted roughly 5 years before blowing up, but that was a lot of hours on her. By the way, when these big motors blow up, they are freaking LOUD, lol.

It is going to get to the point where it is physically impossible to increase their power without drastically increasing the size of the fan and displacement, which then makes it unusable in backpack form. That is what they have the walk behind blowers for.

Brules

LawnSite Senior Member
I had the 570 as well and it is > than the 580 as it is better at more things. Especially the MPH for fall leaf clean ups - that MPH will scour every last wet decomposed leaf off the ground - and still move the pile just as well as the 580.

It is just as comfy, no waist belt to deal with when not using it and blow for mow and go just as well. I think it is an all round better unit. If CFM was the only thing you needed then that is the only way the 580 wins......but my 570 would move 2-3-4' deep leaf piles like they were nothing. Never felt I needed more CFM.

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had the 570 as well and it is > than the 580 as it is better at more things. Especially the MPH for fall leaf clean ups - that MPH will scour every last wet decomposed leaf off the ground - and still move the pile just as well as the 580.

It is just as comfy, no waist belt to deal with when not using it and blow for mow and go just as well. I think it is an all round better unit. If CFM was the only thing you needed then that is the only way the 580 wins......but my 570 would move 2-3-4' deep leaf piles like they were nothing. Never felt I needed more CFM.
The only thing I've found the 570 doing better is cleaning wet grass off of walks and drives. Its superior to the 580 for that.

As to leaves and debris the 580 is faster. I'm happy to have both but the 580's get more use. Come Fall the 570 sits.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
That's not what your past posts say.

I went with the general consensus which is why I and many went with the bigger machine. I would be happy to save the money if its worth it but its not. The time saved just outweighs the difference in money.

Its really nothing to get upset over. Its just the general consensus. The facts are all in past posts using the search feature. Its an awesome tool provided here.
Posted via Mobile Device

What are you talking about now?

OP
Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
About a decade ago when Redmax came out with the ebz8000, Shindaiwa shortly followed with the eb8510. Shindaiwa was trying to claim the most powerful over the Redmax. So, I bought both. The eb8510 was the biggest POS I ever owned. They were roughly the same in power, but the Shindaiwa was uncomfortable and blew up very quickly. Kept replacing them under warranty until I gave up on them. The Redmax lasted roughly 5 years before blowing up, but that was a lot of hours on her. By the way, when these big motors blow up, they are freaking LOUD, lol.

It is going to get to the point where it is physically impossible to increase their power without drastically increasing the size of the fan and displacement, which then makes it unusable in backpack form. That is what they have the walk behind blowers for.

That is exactly what the Stihl tech rep told us this year. He said they are very happy with the way the BR600 performs and sells, and that anything more powerful would require getting to the point that no one could manage one for long, if at all. They like the fact that the 600 is so much better on fuel and performs well enough for any use under most conditions that they tend to put their R&D into other areas. He also mentioned the WB blowers that were sitting a few feet away and said the same thing you just did.

whiffyspark

LawnSite Fanatic
[/B]

That is exactly what the Stihl tech rep told us this year. He said they are very happy with the way the BR600 performs and sells, and that anything more powerful would require getting to the point that no one could manage one for long, if at all. They like the fact that the 600 is so much better on fuel and performs well enough for any use under most conditions that they tend to put their R&D into other areas. He also mentioned the WB blowers that were sitting a few feet away and said the same thing you just did.

Rep told us the same thing. He said they have no plans to launch a bigger blower anytime soon

I might try husky the next go around. I'm all stihl now. Previous had echo. I loved the 770
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
I purchased 2 of the very early 8500's. The colder it got the harder they were to start. When the temps got below 30 it would sometimes take 25-30 pulls to get them going. Opening the throttle has helped a good bit though. Has to be some sort of choke issue.

:eek:

after 5 pulls i'd be ready to throw it in the garbage can. :laugh:

i guess i'm spoiled by my honda equipment that starts 1-2 pulls no matter what.

Top Forums