• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Husqvarna 7021

IdahoGrass

LawnSite Member
I know these are a crappy mower in general, but I have a real hard time spending over a grand for a commercial 21. My 21 took a big crap last year so I am looking for something to do a little trim mowing here and there, nothing much. Local dealer has the push model with Honda on it for $260. Anyone have any insight?

castlerockmo

LawnSite Senior Member
I have two of the husqvarna 21 I have no problems with them. I wasn't gona pay a thousand for a 21 either. I love all my husqvarna equipment!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawg City Lawns

LawnSite Bronze Member
i had a husqvarna 21 bought it from sears the only thing i saw flawed with it was the front wheel drive seemed to go super fast when you squeezed the trigger (pretty sure i put on the wrong size belt when it snapped which was my fault but i didnt say that because i never admit im wrong) which just smoothed out the front wheels other than that i loved that old thing the mulching was ok i have seen better but bagging was great never discharged with so i cant touch on that but theyre good little mowers

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
I was really looking at this one too. Good price. I feel the deck is thicker than the Craftsman/Troybilt stuff. It has ball bearing wheels. The front drive model have Kohler XT-7 engine which has cast lining. Suppose to be the bottom end of commercial engine which is used in the more expensive Ariens mowers.

I have not buy one yet but it sure look attractive for the price.

ucfbrian

LawnSite Member
The 7021P has been a great mower for me. Do not get one of the push mowers with the drive, the belt will wear out quick using it everyday. AS for the Kohler XT-7 engine, it is a new line that Kohler just came out with to compete against the Briggs engines that have dominated the push mower market. It is not a low end commercial engine but is a new homeowner line for Kohler. In my dealings with it, I have not liked it compared to the Honda engine. The honda is easier to start.

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
The 7021P has been a great mower for me. Do not get one of the push mowers with the drive, the belt will wear out quick using it everyday. AS for the Kohler XT-7 engine, it is a new line that Kohler just came out with to compete against the Briggs engines that have dominated the push mower market. It is not a low end commercial engine but is a new homeowner line for Kohler. In my dealings with it, I have not liked it compared to the Honda engine. The honda is easier to start.
But other brands using the XT-7 in higher end non comercial mowers. It does have cast lining. What don't you like it?

7021 use Honda GCV160 on the rear drive model.

ucfbrian

LawnSite Member
The 7021P is a straight push mower, no drive. The 7021R is the rear wheel drive push mower. IT sounds like the one that your dealer is advertising is the straight push model, the rear drive model retails for $349.

The few XT-7 engines that I have seen have been harder to start than the Honda. The XT-7 has a self prime feature and also an auto choke. The ones that I have dealt with are real sluggish to start and smoke alot for the first 20 seconds until the auto choke disengauges. The only problems that I have had with the hondas are when the customer has put bad gas in them and than you have to clean the carb to get them to start again.

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
The 7021P is a straight push mower, no drive. The 7021R is the rear wheel drive push mower. IT sounds like the one that your dealer is advertising is the straight push model, the rear drive model retails for $349.

The few XT-7 engines that I have seen have been harder to start than the Honda. The XT-7 has a self prime feature and also an auto choke. The ones that I have dealt with are real sluggish to start and smoke alot for the first 20 seconds until the auto choke disengauges. The only problems that I have had with the hondas are when the customer has put bad gas in them and than you have to clean the carb to get them to start again.
What do you mean by harder to start? 10 pulls? Does it has enough power? Is it better than the B&S Quantum engine?