1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landgator, May 12, 2006.

1. landgator

landgator LawnSite Member

Has anybody heard anything good about Husqvarna ZTR commercial mowers? I'm looking at getting one, proablly a 48" maybe a little smaller.
    Thanks for the help.
    adam@cgmlandscapes.com:usflag:

2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Very decent mowers quality wise but their cutting decks suck! The Tunnel Ram deck is a joke!

3. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have 2 one 48" with a 21 hp and a 52" with a 23 hp. The 48" I bought last year and it has been great. 400 hrs with no problems. The 52" I bought about 3 weeks ago. 40 hrs. The 52 has the tunnel ram deck and it cuts great. I really cant tell the difference between the tunnel ram and the older deck. Both mower have been great so far.

4. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

I have a Husqvarna. Cuts great.Stripes great. No problems LZ5227XP

5. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

I buy my mowers based on

 how close the dealer is to my house.
     how much the dealer values the dollars I spend there.
     how quickly they can get parts.
     how quickly they make repairs.

The Husqvarna I have produces lawn of the month every time. But the dealer tries to keep the mower for a long time for minor repairs.
    Based on this I am sticking with Ex-mark and John Deer where the dealers run very efficient operations and treat customers right.

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

another thing to think about is 99% of the mowers on the market have gone through years of R&D. So atleast 99% of these mowers are high quality and have the capability of doing the job at hand if used as advised. Find a mower that fits what you need. And has the components on it that suit the conditions it will be working in.:weightlifter: