Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard recently that Husqvarna is making the Craftsman mowers now. Sears just puts the craftsman name on them. How is it so easy to get craftsman parts if they are made by Husqvarna? Also, if this is true, how does Husky sell mowers at Lowes? Are those residential models made partially by MTD? Husqvarna push mowers are alot like the Troy-Bilt ones, as far as self-propel system and deck designs. It seems like MTD companies, Craftsman, and Husqvarna us way to many of the same exact parts and engines. Is there somekind of connection between these companies? Also, does B&S own someone or are they owned by someone? Are these the only companies MTD owns?

MTD
>McCullouch
>Cub Cadet
>Cub Cadet Commercial
>Lesco
>Yard-Man
>Troy-Bilt
>Yard Machines
>Bolens
>White Outdoor

Simplicity
>Snapper

The Toro Company
>Toro
>Exmark
>Lawn Boy

Textron
>Jacobsen
>Bunton
>Bob-Cat

Who have I left out?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Electrolux owns Husky, Poulan, AYP, and alot more. The Crapsman mowers are built by AYP as well as the Husky tractors and small mowers. Husky does have a mower that is made in Sweden, but it is no longer shipped over here.

alot of the parts can be interchanged but not all. AYP also makes the Poulan mowers, as well as some Kmart brands etc.

Briggs just bought the assets to Murry, they bought Simplicity a year or 2 ago which they owned Snapper, Giantvac, Ferris, and a couple others.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
saw man said:
Electrolux owns Husky, Poulan, AYP, and alot more. The Crapsman mowers are built by AYP as well as the Husky tractors and small mowers. Husky does have a mower that is made in Sweden, but it is no longer shipped over here.

alot of the parts can be interchanged but not all. AYP also makes the Poulan mowers, as well as some Kmart brands etc.

Briggs just bought the assets to Murry, they bought Simplicity a year or 2 ago which they owned Snapper, Giantvac, Ferris, and a couple others.
What does AYP stand for? Also, wwho owns Tractor Supply Companies Huskee brand?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
saw man said:
The ones from Tractor Supply look like an MTD unit.
I agree, but I don't think they have it on their site as one of their products. It's funny how people buy a $1500 Cub Cadet at Lowes when they could buy a $900 Troy-Bilt and have the same machine for $600 less plus the more attractive color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
howie'slawncare said:
I heard recently that Husqvarna is making the Craftsman mowers now. Sears just puts the craftsman name on them. How is it so easy to get craftsman parts if they are made by Husqvarna? Also, if this is true, how does Husky sell mowers at Lowes? Are those residential models made partially by MTD? Husqvarna push mowers are alot like the Troy-Bilt ones, as far as self-propel system and deck designs. It seems like MTD companies, Craftsman, and Husqvarna us way to many of the same exact parts and engines. Is there somekind of connection between these companies? Also, does B&S own someone or are they owned by someone? Are these the only companies MTD owns?

MTD
>McCullouch
>Cub Cadet
>Cub Cadet Commercial
>Lesco
>Yard-Man
>Troy-Bilt
>Yard Machines
>Bolens
>White Outdoor

Simplicity
>Snapper

The Toro Company
>Toro
>Exmark
>Lawn Boy

Textron
>Jacobsen
>Bunton
>Bob-Cat

Who have I left out?
Lesco is NOT owned by MTD. Lesco buys their mowers built the same way they've always been built for years, from MTD (actually CTP, a subsidary of MTD)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MrFikit said:
Lesco is NOT owned by MTD. Lesco buys their mowers built the same way they've always been built for years, from MTD (actually CTP, a subsidary of MTD)
A seperate company owns Lesco, and that company is owned by MTD. The name was mentioned on a post yesterday, but I can't remeber it. This is supposably why the Cub-Cadets and Lesco look alike. Either way, it sounds like MTD makes them even if they don't own them.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Shadetree Ltd said:
Electrolux announced in the spring that they were going to sell of the husky outdoor power equipment line.

Scott
I would sure like to see that happen.... and see some group like the ones that sold out of eXmark pick it up.... then have a major royal house cleaning of current management personnel. I could even bring together a list of names. Then I would like to see them step in with a major crack of the whip inside the MFG facilities. Something worthwhile could be salvaged of the company.

Now... as for some of the questions, Husqvarna builds only one mower, the swedish rider, which I understand is a hit over there and in Europe with commercial users, but does not measure up as a commercial piece over here.

So AYP builds there homeowner mowers and some of the stuff they try to pass off as commercial. In addition, they purchased Yazoo/Kees and created an nasty umbrella conglomerance in order to have ZTR's and walkbehinds, as well as several other pieces of turf equipment in the Husqvarna brand name. In effect, Electrolux was just trying to piggy-back on the Husqvarna brand name by buying them out and making this big ol mess.

As for Cub Commercial and Lesco... neither build their own Commercial riders and walks. They are built by CPE (Commercial Power Equipment) and sold under both brand names.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.