Husqvarna Rapid Replace vs Echo Speed Feed

OP
Bitches_Brew

Bitches_Brew

LawnSite Gold Member
First thing this morning I get a call from the amish kid that sold it to me. (there were 5 people in line behind me Saturday and they were supposed to close 15 min. ago) He wanted to make sure I knew how to load the string because he forgot to go over it with me. THAT IS SOME SERVICE!!! I made sure to let him know how much I appreciated the call.

The place is a half-hour drive, but I will be returning. :nod:

OP
Bitches_Brew

Bitches_Brew

LawnSite Gold Member
I thought the Amish didn't have anything to do with modern technology...
:laugh:

I'm guessing you don't live near any.

I could post pages on this subject, lets just say they are not all the same, especially when it comes to "old vs new school/order amish".....

AffiliationTractor for fieldworkRoto- tillerPower lawn mowerPropane gasBulk milk tankMechanical milkerMechanical refrigeratorPickup balersInside flush toiletRunning water bath tubTractor for belt powerPneumatic toolsChain sawPressurized lampsMotorized washing machines
Percentage of use
by all Amish
SwartzentruberNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoSomeNoNoYes
NebraskaNoNoNoNoNoNoNoSomeNoNoNoNoSomeNoYes
Swiss (Adams)NoNoSomeNoNoNoNoNoSomeNoNoSomeSomeSomeSome
Buchanan/MedfordNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoSomeNoYesYes
DannerNoNoNoSomeNoNoSomeNoYesYesYesNoNoYesNo
Geauga INoNoNoNoNoNoNoSomeYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Holmes Old OrderNoSomeSomeNo*NoNoSomeYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Elkhart-LaGrangeNoSomeSomeSomeSomeSomeSomeSomeYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
LancasterNoNoSomeYesNoYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Nappanee, IndianaNoYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
KalonaYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
[44] * Natural gas allowed

(Scroll side to side)

They are all generally good people though. :nod:

OP
Bitches_Brew

Bitches_Brew

LawnSite Gold Member
Man I've never seen a real Amish person in the flesh. I did however watch Kingpin and Banshee on Cinemax haha.
There is a whole tourism industry in my state that revolves around them.
Amish furniture....homes.....cabinets....crack doughnuts...:walking:

tundraman

LawnSite Bronze Member
My wife would always say to me she was going to call the Amish if I did not quickly finish the run in shelter for the horses. They did build some beautiful decks on the the front and back of my house.

parker_horn

LawnSite Member
Echo bought Shindaiwa. If you don't believe me, pick up both their brochures and see the similarities. The Shindy 262 is the Echo 2620 and vice versa.
I'm buying Maruyama next-probably B27L Turbo. Their speedfeed head is similar, has a cheap metal looking button on the bottom. Hey, they want to sell parts also, we'll see how it lasts. The sucker IS heavy.
The issue with Husqvarna is finding a dealer to get the 525LS or 525LST. NOT the 525 like you find at Lowes. LS and LST's using solid steel shaft vs cabled on the L's.
Maruyama's are solid, not cabled.
And frankly for home use, your engine is probably going to crap out first.

As far as parts, I had to replace fuel lines and a carb on my Husky 223L I bought off the parking lot for $80 in 2005. Home use only.
I have an Echo 225 (refurbished). Like it, but those 4cc's extra on the Husky 223L (like the Echo 2620) make a BIG difference.
Echo, Husky, Stihl, all good brands. With a little prep you can get Husky and Echo parts.
And I already know Maruyama parts are going to be a hurry up and wait.
But the best advise I can give-find an ethanol free gas pump in your area. Usually next to a lake. If too far away, I sincerely do take pity on you.

Fatwood

LawnSite Senior Member
Echo bought Shindaiwa. If you don't believe me, pick up both their brochures and see the similarities. The Shindy 262 is the Echo 2620 and vice versa.
I'm buying Maruyama next-probably B27L Turbo. Their speedfeed head is similar, has a cheap metal looking button on the bottom. Hey, they want to sell parts also, we'll see how it lasts. The sucker IS heavy.
The issue with Husqvarna is finding a dealer to get the 525LS or 525LST. NOT the 525 like you find at Lowes. LS and LST's using solid steel shaft vs cabled on the L's.
Maruyama's are solid, not cabled.
And frankly for home use, your engine is probably going to crap out first.

As far as parts, I had to replace fuel lines and a carb on my Husky 223L I bought off the parking lot for $80 in 2005. Home use only.
I have an Echo 225 (refurbished). Like it, but those 4cc's extra on the Husky 223L (like the Echo 2620) make a BIG difference.
Echo, Husky, Stihl, all good brands. With a little prep you can get Husky and Echo parts.
And I already know Maruyama parts are going to be a hurry up and wait.
But the best advise I can give-find an ethanol free gas pump in your area. Usually next to a lake. If too far away, I sincerely do take pity on you.
If you're going to buy the Maruyama get the B30L over the B27L. The 30 weighs slightly less and it has more horsepower. My dealer doesn't even stock the 27 for that reason.
Screenshot_20210620-031919_Vivaldi.jpg
Screenshot_20210620-031955_Vivaldi.jpg

parker_horn

LawnSite Member
Husqvarna 525LS is superior to Echo 2620. 525LST superior to 2620T.
You can't find them.
Go buy 2620/2620T, Stihl fs94r.
You can find those, and parts.

Top Forums