1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna Rider 155 will not start

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rit5, Jun 21, 2004.

1. rit5

rit5 LawnSite Member

Anyone,

My father has a Husqvarna Rider 155 that will start and run fine but when I turn it off, it may start up and may not. I checked the battery for voltage and it is around 13-volts which seems fine. I've cleaned contacts and checked the 15 amp fuse. I told him to have the battery checked under a load and then if that does not work, then it could be the starter. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    R.

:confused:

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the fuses and safety interlocks.

3. rit5

rit5 LawnSite Member

Do you know if there is a maintenance manual that shows all of the fuses and safety interlocks?

Thanks,
    R.

;)

4. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

I don't think it's the battery unless you notice slow cranking only when hot. And even then, it might be the starter.

Will it restart if allowed to cool off a bit?

Branching out.....
    and on my own.........

5. rit5

rit5 LawnSite Member

Well yes and no. I cleaned the battery terminals, then reconnected them, and it started. I thought that was it, but I cut it off after about a minute and then it started 2 or 3 times after that. But then it would not turn over after that. My father did think that it over-heated, but I've never heard of that happening on a mower. So I'm wondering if it is safety interlocks or the starter. Does anyone think that it could be the Ignition Lock?

Thanks,
    R.

:(

6. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

coil maybe? not positve

7. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Coil is possible. Sometimes these will not allow spark when they are hot. Check spark when this happens.