1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna YTH2454 Deck too big

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rebaths, Apr 23, 2008.

1. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

Hi,

Going to buy a lawn tractor soon to cut my 1 acre lawn. Most of my other stuff (chainsaw, string trimmer, blower) is Husqvarna so I looked at their riding lawn tractors first. My local Tractor Supply Co. has the Husqvarna model YTH2454 for a pretty good price. My only issue is the deck is too big. I am looking for something 48" maximum. I've had a JD with a 54" deck and hated it. Too big to fit between certain trees, uneven cutting on parts of my yard with slopes, and most importantly, it takes less time to cut so I can't relax on the tractor as long!

If I buy this Husqvarna (and the Tractor Supply store only sells this one model) could I exchange it for a smaller deck? Would it be compatible?

Thanks!

2. lawnmon

lawnmon LawnSite Member

I don't think I'd go there.

If you want a Husky, go to an independant Husky dealer and look at the 2042LS, the 2246LS and the 2348LS.

Why a Husky? Would a Snapper, Simplicity, or Deere, etc. do the job?

3. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

Oh yeah, most anything would do the job! I have OCD and wanted all my equipment to be a matching orange color :)

I do like snappers.. very simplistic and Forrest-Gumpy. Never heard of a Simplicity..... will look into it.

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey why not look into a Z if your going to buy a tractor. A ZTR will knock a hour or so off the time it would take to mow with a tractor. Husky does make a ok Z..