Husqvarna Z560X

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Apr 6, 2018.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

My Scag dealer also carries the Husqvarna line...so am starting a thread to start some dialogue on these. Anyone run the new Z560X? Pics of underside of deck? Thoughts?
    I drove one at GIE and liked how it handles, but of course cut no grass.

2. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

The deck is pretty much identical to the deck on the PZ. Only changes are housings around the anti scalp wheels. Pretty much identical in functionality but cosmetically they appear a little different. The deck is almost a clone to the JD 7 iron pro.

CD541861-E8BC-4C06-955E-DCDA92F2AD46.png

DF8AAC32-32EE-403C-A92D-F257206297B8.jpeg

3. T Total Lawncare

The new generation Husqvarna mowers are solid machines and IMO as good as any out there right now. With a 5 year 1500 hour warranty they are worth a look if you have a good dealer. I have a 15 model PZ (prior generation to the ZX series) starting it’s 3rd season. I only have around 400 hours on mine because I’m a part timer but I cut some pretty challenging properties. The only issues I’ve had was I had to replace the PTO switch which is a bulk item used on several brands which are prone to issues and a $5 fix and I replaced the hydro belt tension spring with a turn buckle. Over time the spring got weak and started to rattle losing tension and belts started breaking. After replacing with a sturdy turnbuckle with i hooks I have had zero issues. Husqvarna should take my fix method and put it into production as it is the perfect solution.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Open deck design with a nice wide discharge....seems that deck would do well in damp grass.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Gotta love the search tools on this forum. I don't come here nearly as often as I used to. But it seemed like a good place to research Husqvarna mowers.

I run Gravely mowers and Husqvarna hand-held equipment. I switched over to Husqvarna after they took over Red Max. Been very pleased and the dealer I buy them from has been great. Just a great bunch of guys.

So now its getting near time to replace my 260s. Sure, I could go ahead and just get some new 260s. But now its not just the mower. Its the dealer, too. The only time I deal with my Gravely dealer is in the rare circumstance I need something from them regarding the Gravelys. But now that they are out of warranty, I get parts from EBay and Amazon far cheaper than the dealer and if I need work done that I can't handle, they go to an independent shop guy. Throw in the idea of a five-year/1500 hr. warranty and I'm golden. I rarely keep a mower past five years anyway and since I'm a solo guy, its extremely rare one of my mowers will ever exceed 1000 hours.

So after all this ranting, any other guys out there running the Husqvarna machines. I'm already seeing Kawsaki engines and Hydro-Gear ZT-5400s so I know the drivetrain is solid.

6. lawnspecialties

Well. Picking up a Z560X with 31hp EFI Kohler tomorrow to demo. Should be interesting. Been running Gravelys for ten years. Might be a change but we'll see.

7. andyreed

andyreed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Do the mzt’s use the same deck design as the z500 series?

8. T Total Lawncare

No they don’t..

andyreed likes this.
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Take good notes and report back....

T Total Lawncare likes this.
  10. lawnspecialties

Picked it up this morning and mowed about 2 hours today. As it is with almost everything, there's some good and some not so good.

The good:
    One of the best decks I've ever seen. Cuts beautifully and up until today, I have never seen a mower deck that you could leave the deflector down and still does not leave clumps. This was cutting tall-fescue at 3.75".
    Rides pretty good. Very nice seat.
    Controls are well placed. Deck height adjustment is easy and neat and even the fuel tank changeover switch is easy to reach from the seat.

The bad:
    So far, very difficult to hold a straight line. I've been cutting with zero-turns since 2000. But with this, especially on uneven terrain, its too twitchy. Maybe in time I could get more used to it.
    Kohler 31hp EFI is no big deal. It starts lugging under load more than my 850V Kawasaki. If I get these, I'm going with the 31hp Kawasakis.
    Weird foot controlled deck lift set-up. Will take some getting used to so that may be my biggest problem.
    Turning around is poor. Left tire struggles to get traction. You have to be more careful than usual.

Not taking it back until late Monday. Right now its a 50/50 on whether or not I'll switch.

Ridin' Green likes this.