551 Posts
Being a former Huqvarna dealer -

I reccomend the 125 not at all;
the 145 or 155 for homeowners;
and the 165 and 170 for 'scapers.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've got a 145BT Husqvarna that I owned b4 I started in the business. Had for about 10-12 years now, 6 years commercially. Now, it hasn't run much different since I bought it new. It slowly has been getting harder to cold start, but about 6 pulls at the most. Warm starts on the first pull.

Would definitely recommend. Like it so much, I bought another one as a back-up.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
A huskvarna blower is there only worth while product....

they own redmax..so why not redmax?.
I have the 36" Husky hedge trimmer, the Husky version of the Bluebird power rake/ slit seeder, the 326LS line trimmer and the Husky (Red Max 7001) blower. All have performed very well. Also have a great dealer to work with... the line trimmer needed of all things, a new gas cap... but otherwise, very reliable. The freakin power rake fell off my trailer... while I was moving... and only needed a new wheel and control cable.

My next buy has to be a long reach articulated hedge trimmer.... looking at Red Max for that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Husqvarna everything 2 cycle. Red Max more like dead max why do you think husqvarna won't stamp their name on it. I have a red max hedge trimmer that is roughly 3 months old. It is hard to start, stalls out, if you don't greese the blades after every use they lock up and you have to take it apart. Customers love to have grease coated hedges. About a month in I went to adjust the carb on it only to find out that you can't. Their idea of a spark arrester on the muffler is a balled up peice of window screen and some black tape. (not kidding) I had to take mine out because it gets clogged with crab about every 5 hours of use. And on top of all that it is heavy.

I do notice that most people can't start husqvarna's for some reason. If it takes more than 2 pulls of the cord you aren't doing it right or something is not adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Being a former Huqvarna dealer -

I tend to disagree. the 125's are very handy. I have 2 165's, 2 backpack 125's and a handheld 125 and a wheel blower. The 125's get used more than the bigger blowers because they are lighter and quicker for the small jobs. In the time it takes a guy to pick up, start, pick up again, put on back the big blowers I'm already done with the little 125. I actually made my employees quit using the big blowers unless they were blowing off more than once place.

But not everyone needs 6 blowers on the truck. Just wanted to make the point that every tool has it's place.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There have been alot of changes on those models. The 125 is completely a different machine. The 150, 170, and 180 are all redmax.

I posted this earlier but for anyone that is wonder, the husky is listed as heavier then the redmax, even though its the same unit becuase redmax lists their blower weight with no tube on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.