1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler 48" Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassbandit, May 26, 2005.

1. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

Anyone out there running the Hustler walkbehind with the H-bar system. My Dealer is letting me demo one right now, and I love it. I think I am going to buy it, but wonder if anyone else out there has had good luck with it. It seems to work very well, and sticks to hills like a magnet. It has a 17hp Kaw, and a 48" deck, and it actually stripes well with no kit.

2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 25/54 SWB, and I wouldn’t want to be without it! Hustler builds a very heavy-duty machine that will last for years and years if taken care of. You should check out the Super walk-behind before you make the purchase though, I have never regretted the extra power when mulching leaves or cutting thick-wet grass. I don’t know what you would be paying for the 17/48 but I can get a 25/54 for $5,600 so it will give you something to ponder. Also if you want the full potential you must get a BullRider sulky or equivalent if the one your demonstrating doesn’t have one, then you will really be impressed.
    Jeff