Hustler 66 Super Z vs Gravely pro turn 472

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Troe36, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Troe36

Troe36 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to put out some information out about my first thoughts on the gravely pro turn 472 compared to the hustler super z 66.

First off I can not express how nice the air ride seat and platform isolators are on the pro turn 472. Huge improvement over the suspension seat on my super z. Pretty much like a lazyboy on your mower!

Next up cut quality, the x factor II deck cuts very even with no stragglers even at 3/4 speed. I am really happy with it so far and I also like the deck design much easier to clean than my super z.

Power I have the 35 hp kaw on the proturn and a 30 hp Kohler on the super z, The proturn seems to be a power house and does not bog when mowing thick grass and climbing hills. The hustler on the other hand seems to struggle on hills and thick grass. From what I have read the hustlers hydros are very power hungry and the 5400s are far easier on ribbing power.

One thing I don't really like on the proturn is the deck height adjustment, I am 5'9" I have to have the seat all the way forward and still stretch my toes to put it in travel mode. I really like hustlers design that automatically locks in when raised all the way.

I feel like Hustler builds a great Heavy Duty Zero Turn but times are changing and it's time for a hydro set up that doesn't reduce blade tip speed any time it's under load.

Looking for impute on the pro turn tips tricks reviews or thoughts!