Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying the Hustler 60 inch 24 hp Kawasaki mower, wanting the Bac-vac catcher to go with it. My question is; is a 9 bushel catcher big enough? I have lots of oak leaves to pick up. 9 bushel seems small to me but I have not used one. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
389 Posts
SCAG's new clamshell collection system is 12 bushels and it seems small. i couldnt imagine going w/ a 9 bushel, you would be dumping every 10ft it seems.

but, clamshell type collection systems are a WHOLE lot faster than baggers. just being able to stay on the mower and dump debris is enough to make up for the lost capacity.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
I had a pac-vac on a 2500. Try and get something bigger for the leaf season and keep it for grass. It lifts off with only one person and YES its on small wheels, Very easy to go from complete bagging to no bagger on mower at all.
John

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by DMA
Buying the Hustler 60 inch 24 hp Kawasaki mower, wanting the Bac-vac catcher to go with it. My question is; is a 9 bushel catcher big enough? I have lots of oak leaves to pick up. 9 bushel seems small to me but I have not used one. Thanks for any help.
If I may, you need to tell us
1.are you dumping on the street
2.collecting and throwing in a truck
3.do you have room to dump in the back of the yard

BECAUSE, there are options to each of these items.
Pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The property is about 6 acres with at least 50-60 large oak trees, and I will be just dumping on the ground but it will be some distance from some of the trees to the dump area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.