Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my business 2 years ago with a 36" Hustler Mini and a 48" Husqavarna tractor. I am about to make my first big equipment purchase and I am leaning toward two 54" Hustler Super Minis and a 36" Trimstar walk-behind. I have a great relationship with the dealer in my area and the prices are the best I can find. I have yet to cut with the larger Hustlers, but I am not very happy with the 36" Mini that I currently own. I realize that this machine was not intended to be used in the commercial, everyday environment. 80% of the service professionals in this area are driving Hustlers and the ones I've talked to are very happy with them. Does anyone have personal experience with this line of equipment, and/or have any reccomendations?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just bought a 2008 super mini 52" 24hp honda, so far I've put about 20 hours on it, its one heck of a machine, I love the layout and design, its very simple and looks to be easy to work on, this time of year its hard to tell alot about the cut but so far its been great! I typically cut at about 3.75" and it looks great at that depth I cut mostly fescue, the deck doesn't seem to load up any and you can mow at full speed ( which is silly fast) with good results, the biggest thing that these hustlers seem to bring is there handling and ride, they are very smoothriding compared to the others out there, the only downside to the mini is its bank holding ability, i think its a side effect of the short overall length but with the short front you can get in places other z's can go, most other people I know with zero turns are pretty amazed at the super mini's speed and comfort.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a Fasttrak Super Duty 54/25 hp Kawi. Use it commercially. Keep the tires properly inflated and blades sharp and it does a great job. Flex forks are a must and I run mulching baffles with OEM blades.

Very smooth level cut. My customers are happy.

GL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input. I sometimes cut with my 36" mini over the 48" Husqy lawn tractor just because of the speed. The speed on the mini however, will outrun the blades. So far I have heard nothing negative about the performance or reliability. Thanks again for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.