• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Hustler Fastrak or Exmark Lazer Ct

Smitty58

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm looking at moving up to a ztr. I'm a part time guy with 14 yards currently. I cut a total of 5 acres. So my question is, which would be the best ztr for the money between the Fastrak and the Lazer Ct? I know the Fastrak is clasified as a homeowner ,but the thing is built like a tank. I also have a 36" w/b Exmark so I am familiar with the Exmark quality. I can buy a Fastrak 20 hp Honda 52" deck for $4500 ,don't know yet what the Lazer Ct will run. Which one will serve me better?
Thanks,

FuzzyOne

LawnSite Member
I am about the same size of you. I looked at both those mowers also and after asking a few questions here, I decided to move up to a Mini-Z. Both those mowers are classified as "homeowner" models. I'm not sure how the hydros are on the Exmark, but the Hustler has what I think is called IZT (?) which isn't concidered good for commercial use.

I would ask in the Exmark forum some opinions on the CT and see what they say. Also, don't forget about dealer support in your area. Exmark parts are a lot asier to get nationwide than Hustlers I have found.

Moving up to a full commercial unit should only cost you abut another $1,000, but will pay for itself in the long run with durability and resale value.

Just my 2 cents...