Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any comments on the Hustler Walk-Behinds? They seem very expensive. The 54" isn't much more expensive than a 37". With other companies, there is usually a bigger difference in price between a 36" and 52" for example. Is a 37" Hustler Hydro Walk-Behind worth $5,200.00 plus the cost of accesories? Also, do they have floating decks or hour meters? Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lawnmedics said:
Sorry, has an hour meter and has an adjustable deck.
Why do you say sorry? And by adjustable, do you mean fixed or floating?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I own and operate a Hustler SWB . It has a hour meter , a floating deck , 25hp Kawasaki , 54" deck , options on it are the parking brake ,front weight bar , and water bottle holder ,and a Bull Rider sulky. It will power me up 35 degree inclines from a dead stop . I am 6' and 345 lbs . It cuts a wide variety of terrains and grasses with exceptional quality . I demoed the other and found the Hustler best suited to my needs . I looked at dealer reputation and service , how the decks were built , what the spindle housings were made of , Blade tip speed and quality of cut , and how easy it was for me to operate . After looking at all these issues I can only wonder what keeps the other brands in business.
Total cost was around $7,300 and it already has 240+ hrs on it .

Big Hoss :waving:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Big Hoss said:
I own and operate a Hustler SWB . It has a hour meter , a floating deck , 25hp Kawasaki , 54" deck , options on it are the parking brake ,front weight bar , and water bottle holder ,and a Bull Rider sulky. It will power me up 35 degree inclines from a dead stop . I am 6' and 345 lbs . It cuts a wide variety of terrains and grasses with exceptional quality . I demoed the other and found the Hustler best suited to my needs . I looked at dealer reputation and service , how the decks were built , what the spindle housings were made of , Blade tip speed and quality of cut , and how easy it was for me to operate . After looking at all these issues I can only wonder what keeps the other brands in business.
Total cost was around $7,300 and it already has 240+ hrs on it .

Big Hoss :waving:
@ $ 7300! I can get a Super Z 52/27 Koh for $ 7600 plus tax, now hear this: 15 mph transporting with mowing @ 13 mph. I would go Super Z any day over SWB which is ridiculously expensive up to Hustler Z price level. Who is more productive? You tell me... The reason nobody uses Hustler walk cause they are don't sell, they price themselves competing with their own Z, sorry but true. Any WB over 5k plus is gonna go down toilet cause it is Z territory.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MTR said:
@ $ 7300! I can get a Super Z 52/27 Koh for $ 7600 plus tax, now hear this: 15 mph transporting with mowing @ 13 mph. I would go Super Z any day over SWB which is ridiculously expensive up to Hustler Z price level. Who is more productive? You tell me... The reason nobody uses Hustler walk cause they are don't sell, they price themselves competing with their own Z, sorry but true. Any WB over 5k plus is gonna go down toilet cause it is Z territory.
If you're in the market for a walk-behind, it sound like Hustler is superior to others. You pay extra, but you get the best dealer support and the best warranty. How can you get a Super Z 52/27 Koh for $7600 plus tax? They retail for $9,799.00! Can you explain this? Thanks.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MTR said:
Actually, if you can get a 52" for that price, how much would a Hustler walk-behind cost you. $7,300.00 is a steal compared to retail price, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This year I bought a Hustler 37" WB with the parking brake and mulch kit for $4175. Yes that is correct $4175. It was a phone order from a place in Arkansas.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DLS1 said:
This year I bought a Hustler 37" WB with the parking brake and mulch kit for $4175. Yes that is correct $4175. It was a phone order from a place in Arkansas.
Do you have a dealer nearby to service it and what was the place and number? That is a great price, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
howie'slawncare said:
If you're in the market for a walk-behind, it sound like Hustler is superior to others. You pay extra, but you get the best dealer support and the best warranty. How can you get a Super Z 52/27 Koh for $7600 plus tax? They retail for $9,799.00! Can you explain this? Thanks.
Nobody uses Hustler walk...you know that. Go ahead and buy them. I can get a Super Z for that price cause in central florida, eXmark ( new Toro also) is the king and they are like a grand plus or more than any other brand, and many Hustler dealers are competing to sell their product, you have to shop around and bargain for the best budget. I am not ready to plunge that kind of money yet, but certainly once I decide that I totally need super upgrade, I will get a super Z not a SWB. Don't let Hustler list of price fool you, you have to go in and talk the best price, everybody wants to "sell".

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
howie'slawncare said:
Do you have a dealer nearby to service it and what was the place and number? That is a great price, isn't it?
I have a dealer about 15 minutes from me. I didn't pay any tax for the 37" since it was a Internet order and was out of state so that saved me a lot.

I save almost a $1,000 compared to my local dealer and that includes the taxes I saved.

The dealer is in Fayetteville,Ar. at 579-442-8284. Ask for Jason.
Online it is williamstractor.com. If I remember correctly they sell around 200 Hustlers a year.
I think the 37" mower without the options I ordered was $3750. They can not get it shipped to you directly from the factory since it must go to them first and then they would ship it to you. Not sure how much shipping would be for you but it sounds like it would still be a lot cheaper than your costs locally.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stevesmowing said:
last fall I bought a super z 60" 27hp for $7,000. It was a demo unit with 50 hours on it, still had the full warrenty.
How do you like it? How does the cut compare to competing brands? Does it stripe well?

·
Banned
1,773 Posts
Hustler makes the best hydro walkbehinds. period! Floating deck hour meter large tires plenty of HP. Built better, faster and stronger than many Z,s out there.
I've got aver 400hr on my 48" super wb and it will still do anything a similar size Z will do and more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MTR said:
Come mow with me becase I had the bright idea that I did not need a SWB and tried taking the Z on the hills I mow and I can tell you it doesn't work . However since you are obviously more experienced than I , I will give you a Hundred dollars if you can mow what I mow on but you will be on a Zero turn .
By the way I also own a Super Mini Z and they both have their own place on my route . As far the Hustler being more expensive yes a little but I demoed all of them and I chose not to let any of the others occupy any of my shop space . In other words they just didn't make MY cut .

Big Hoss

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.