Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a residential guy with an 06 Mini Z. Probably under 200 hours. (meter stopped working). I noticed the side cloth bag dragging and found that the part attached to the frame that engages with the deck lift mechanism snapped off. Very hard to explain, but there is a metal sleeve welded to the frame just in front of the seat with a solid bar running inside it that has 2 pieces of steel (like oval flanges) welded to it. The bagger side snapped off , not at the weld.
My question is that there is no part replacement for this, and it seems like a frame failure. I am the original owner and was wondering if anyone out there knows about their lifetime frame warranty.
I did call Hustler today to ask but apparently they celebrate this new holiday. SMH

I am not sure a weld repair of the flange would hold since the deck will obviously shake and vibrate a lot. I called the local Hustler dealer and he said first needs to see it and second many weeks of waiting for repair if it can be fixed.

Thanks for any help.
Radial arm saw Wood Gas Tool Saw

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. I agree and my initial thought is the same. The problem is the steel sleeve is welded to the frame. The deck will have to be removed to access the area needed for repair. Anyway I look at it is a long time down. Appreciate your suggestions with the reinforcement.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same here, I would take that mower "as is," put it on the trailer and drive it down to the shop I know...
They probably don't have to remove the deck if you ask me, but of course they have to decide that...

To the OP, may I suggest don't mention much other than "can this be fixed?"
I agree, I will definitely ask that exact question.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So Hustler is basically a dead end for me. No process for filing a claim, I was told to send an email with pics. When I called back to verify they received them the receptionist reluctantly acknowledged the email was received. They wouldn't let me speak to anyone regarding the next step. So I asked what do I do know? the dealer said he cant do anything for 2 months... She said find another one. The other dealer said he only deals with big commercial equipment.
Long story short I found a local welder who agreed to come out and feels confidant he can repair it but without seeing it is not sure if the deck has to be removed to access the area for repair. Minimum of $200 which I am fine with.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts