1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

hustler mower maintained

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tallcoopscoach, Aug 3, 2007.

1. tallcoopscoach

tallcoopscoach LawnSite Member

i know the main things to maintain a mower... but, is there anything to especially make sure i do with my mower? i just bought it and it has 335 hours on it with a brand new clutch... the dealer put new pulleys and spindles on...

i'm hoping there's nothing that is strange to worry about on the hustler, but i also don't want to have issues...

thanks much

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I would get an owners manual and follow recommended service guidelines. It seems a little unusual that it would need a clutch, pulleys and spindles at that low of hours.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Its not strange at all..........

4. tallcoopscoach

tallcoopscoach LawnSite Member

they just replaced them for me as a convenience... the clutch was an accident... the owner ran over a mound of dirt and burnt it up accidentally.. .the others were totally necessary but he said one pully was a little loose and one spindle was a little messy so he just replaced them all for me as a nice gesture...

i just wondered if anyone with a hustler had any insights into special things to do to make them better...

5. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Meaning what? This is average life of these parts,or what. If so I'm on borrowed time.