1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler or Exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bwa, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bwa

bwa LawnSite Member

I will be buying either a 60" Hustler Super Z or 60" Exmark Lazer before long and would like to know everyones preference and why? Which motor should i get kawasaki or kohler? I will also be mulching.

2. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

here we go... ur gonna get a ton for both. waste of time even asking

3. kayakn

kayakn LawnSite Member

just bought a hustler and like it. it cuts better at a lower height.

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

IF you want to mulch, exmark kawi

If you want to side dischage and move like the wind? Hustler

Exmark= cleanercut when mulching

Hustler will run circles around anything but a dixie chopper

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

everyone around here uses exmark and loves them. make sure there is a dealer nearby for whatever one you buy

6. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Hustler you wont be disappointed. It pillages grass.

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

If you go with Hustler make sure the dealer is a good one because it will be in the shop more than an Exmark. Plus Exmark U/C deck will outcut the XR7 deck if a clean cut means anything. I have both and mulch with both. Check out the Exmark Lazer Z AS with a suspension seat and U/C deck. Demo if you can , but beings your in Arkansas you might want to compare a Bad Boy mower, their made in Batesville.

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

eXmark. it dosen't go 15 mph, but better cut quality, reliability, and dealer support.

9. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

That's quite a hearty endorsement, for a man who, from what I can tell, has never owned nor operated either mower in question (unless there's a Lazer hiding behind your '06 Toro Recycler 21").

:dizzy:

10. JaysLawns

JaysLawns LawnSite Member

I bought a Exmark 60" AS with the Ultra cut deck it had the 25 kohler. Lets just say the exmark had 10 hours on it when i traded it in for my 66" super Z with the 30 kohler. Ive had a 60" Super Z for quite a while now, and after mowing with the super Z and going to a exmark the ride is so crappy on the exmark. Yah you can buy a suspension seat for the exmark, but you get many more features with the super Z. I think the super Z cuts just as well as the Exmark AS. There is a acreage that i mowed with both machines, the only difference is i was done way quicker with the Super Z and the cut was still VERY good at full speed.