Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some problems with the scag and I think I will be giving up on it the best dealer around carrys grasshopper and hustler would either go with the 329 or the 322 hopper or the 31 kohler or the diesel hustler any suggestions thanks Shawn

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I have had some problems with the scag and I think I will be giving up on it the best dealer around carrys grasshopper and hustler would either go with the 329 or the 322 hopper or the 31 kohler or the diesel hustler any suggestions thanks Shawn
Having that many problems with a Scag is very rare but the hopper would be the better choice if you must change brands. Depending on the area of course.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We've had excellent service from our three Grasshopper outfronts.

The Kubota engines (gas or diesel) are awesome,
our 1998 725 just turned 6,900 hours and runs/mows great.

I highly recommend the diesel (322) as our 2004 722
provides amazing mulching performance in heavy
st. augustine and averages .6 gallon per hour fuel consumption :)

Bob
Lehighlawnpros

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tacoma I hate to change brands but the dealer support is not there and the scag has left a bad tast in my mouth I dont know if it was built on a monday but i have had several prob. out of it the machine is a great cutting machine plenty of power and pretty good cut but it is rough and hasnt stayed together for me

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I have two hoppers and a super z all mid mounts. The hustler is the most productive mower I have ever owned. Some people have a problem with the cut on the xr7, but it is the oposite with me because I have trouble with the cut on my hoppers in certain times of the year. Both are well built mowers though. If the dealer carries both brands I think you should demo both to see witch works better for you because I bet my needs are different than yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.