1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by New Acerage Owner, May 28, 2008.

1. New Acerage Owner

New Acerage Owner LawnSite Member

New to the site and this is probably a redundant question but here goes.

I recently bought a 3 acre acerage and have decided to purchase a Hustler ZTR. I am getting quoted $7,400 for the 60" Z with the 25 hp Kawasaki. I am also considering the 60" Super Z with the 25 hp Kawasaki and suspension seat with a quote of $8,400.

The dealer wants $500 for the suspension seat as an add to the Z and $230 for the flex forks for both machines.

I like the idea of the suspension seat and possibly the flex forks. These machine will not be used commercially and might be over kill for my situation but I can afford it.

I was thinking of offering $8,000 for the new Super Z with the flex forks.

I would like to support the local dealer as I will have to deal with him in the future.

Your thoughts on pricing of these two machines please?

2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

3. mowtivated lawn Care

mowtivated lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I paid 8400 out the door with suspension seat, 30hp Koeler Command Pro, 60"" deck XR7.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If money is not a problem go ahead an get the best. My dealer quoted a 66" Hustler Super Z with a 28 efi (which you will never regret) for $8999.00. The efi is better on fuel but the part I like most is it has no choke and will crank if the engine turns over twice in 100° weather or 20° weather and purr like a kitten.

I also would not be without my flex forks and flex seat, it is worth the $500.00 I paid for them. They have gone up since that time because I had the first set of flex forks installed before my new mower was delivered and I bought the first and only flex seat my dealer got when they first came out.

Since that time he and I have sold a ton of each.