Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry i hit the enter key! But anyway, which mower is better?

Gravely 252 Z?
Hustler Super Z?
Scag Turf Tiger?

They are about the same money, so what do you think?

·
Registered
135 Posts
they are all good machines but i reccomend the hustler

·
Registered
92 Posts
Turf Tiger....Turf Tiger.....Turf Tiger
475 plus hours and very little trouble.
It seems to be designed to be serviced in the field.
I like the fact that it does NOT have a long belt that goes under the machine to drive the blades.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Call me crazy, but I am going to go out on a limb here and bet myself that everyone here owns the brand of mower they suggested! So if thats the case, I like to be unconvential, so therefore I say everything but the Gravely... No honestly they are all good machines... Personally I would go with the 260z Gravely, I love mine. Do a search on Gravely 260z and theres noth'n to be said against them. They are just solid, engineered work horses and Gravelys seem to be priced rather competively making them the best bang for hte buck with the dealer pricings around here.

I love the Hustler too though I dont' own one, but the Gravely was a much better price for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do your research, examine the quality and attention to detail to determine which is designed for longevity and ease of maintenance then demo the units. All are good but after doing the above I determined there is no equal to the Hustler Super Z and that is what I purchased.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
As a Gravely 272z owner, I'd say pick the Gravely..

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Originally posted by Dylan54321
Sorry i hit the enter key! But anyway, which mower is better?

Gravely 252 Z?
Hustler Super Z?
Scag Turf Tiger?

They are about the same money, so what do you think?
Of the units you list the Hustler is the only unit that has a higher ground speed and suspension seat as standard equipment.
The Hustler also carries the best warranty of the units you list, we give it the best warranty because it is built better than the competition.
Demo all units you are considering and make your decision after you have used them on your properties and in your everyday cutting conditions.

Later
Pj

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why dont you get one of those FrankenScagGravelyExmarkHuslter machines??
Seriously though I would look at the Scag but I would prefer exmark

·
Registered
92 Posts
A grasshopper? They eat grass not mow it. Personally I do not want a "Hopper" or a "Chopper".

Make mine a Scag or an Ex:blob4:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an scag turf tiger cub. Execellent machine. Built like a tank and the cub is shorter than the bigger tigers. On my truck compact is good. Has a 25 hp kaw and 61" deck. Sweet on hills comfortable ride. Wish it had Independent Suspension like the Ferris but it is sweet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Kirby, i say i would prefer an eXmark but since that isnt one of the choices i would go with a scag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think everyone on here is missing one key point. I own a grasshopper mid mount. I also have Scags walk behind and a new turf tiger. All the mowers he is questioning about are good machines. I think the key thing you are missing is who is available to service your machines. A GOOD DEALER can make any machine better. My expierence with all the machines are this.

Grass hopper: Excellent cut and great ride, very good on hill sides and is very compact to help with more room on your trailer.

Scagg. Very heavy build machine. Shaft driven deck. Less maint. than most because no belt to drive the deck. Great machine for the money.

Gravely. Good controls not great on hills. Good cut but the blade are too far down on the deck so you dont get a great stripe effect.

Exmark. Good machine great options. Seems that my friends that have them though have leaned toward the Scaggs. They have had problems with them after 500 hrs. The exmark that is.

Basically on making your decision go with what you feel. I would consider the price, service, and your needs for the machine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.