1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler ShortCut 1500........worth 2k?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sauls1686, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Sauls1686

Sauls1686 LawnSite Member

Hey i was all over today looking for walkbehinds. I found ONE belt drive and it was ready to die. Anyways, I looked at a lot of ZTRs. The last place i stopped @ was a Hustler dealer. I took one look at the Short Cut 1500 and loved it! (just bcause its one funky machine!)

He has 3 of them, only two are in my price range. One is a 54" Kholer and the blades would not engage (nice uhh?) and the other is a 54" with a Kawasaki that runs GREAT. It has 972 hours on it and is in decent shape. He has done nothing to it since he got it (through a trade i guess)

He said he will let them go as they are for 2,000, gone over and fixed up, 3-somthing. The one i drove and liked seems to b in perfect working order--though I dont know anything about ZTRs. he said it would be a good thing to go over it once i got it, checking spindles, performing routine maintenance, etc.

Number 1, would it b practical for fairly small yards? I liked how it handled and the more i look @ them and read about them i think it would be a LITTLE big, but i could still get by. (after all ill b sitting on my rear rather than walking!)

2, would a motor and hydraulics with almost 1,000 hours last for a while without a major overhaul?

3. mb it woudl b better to spend just about the same money and buy a new walkbhind...

4. it looks really cool and hey my dad wont let me get a motor cycle and this one he will!

lemme know what u think.

SAULS