• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Hustler Super Walkbehind?

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
I saw a pic of one of these and they look like great mowers. Those controls look like they would be nice to use too. Anyone on here using these? What is the engine horsepower and deck size of the biggest model? The one I saw looked to be at least a 52" and couldnt really tell about the engine, but it did have a donaldson filter. What do these go for new? Plus the wheels and tires look to be bigger than my full sized WBs which are 18x8.5 I think, these may be a 20" on the Hustler? not sure, but they looked pretty big to me.

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
The old SWB are great! Nice balance and great on hillsides. they came in a 17hp or 25hp and mabey a few more. Thoes are the only engines I can think of right now.

rob7233

LawnSite Senior Member
What I'm saying is Hustler had Super walk behinds, not labeled as a Trimstar that came with separate hydros and wheel motors and not the integrated units. They were offered back in the late 1990's and early 2000's.. Way before Hustler came out with the Trimstar. The super walkbehinds are not generally offered by Hustler unless it's a leftover. Are you familiar with the Hustler Shortcut?

johnnybravo8802

LawnSite Silver Member
What I'm saying is Hustler had Super walk behinds, not labeled as a Trimstar that came with separate hydros and wheel motors and not the integrated units. They were offered back in the late 1990's and early 2000's.. Way before Hustler came out with the Trimstar. The super walkbehinds are not generally offered by Hustler unless it's a leftover. Are you familiar with the Hustler Shortcut?
Hustler didn't even make a WB in the late 90's or early 2000. They came out with the midmount ZTR around 2000 and came out with the WB later. The trimstar is the only thing they offer now-same mower with the H-Bar steering.