1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super Z 27/60 - Cuts ? acres per Hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by emil35, Apr 18, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Just curious if anyone knew on average how many acres a Hustler Super Z 27/60 would cut per hour? Thanks

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

There are too many variables to give a number.

3. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

There has to be an average, even if it's more on the low side. 1 acre per hour? 2? 5?

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The Exmark Chart says at 10 mph with a 60" deck it will mow about 6 acres an hour at 100% efficiency. No one mows at 100% (that would be a strait line I'm assuming with no turns). I would guess 3 acres would be the max in the real world with flat ground. Just a guess. Here is the website for the chart http://www.exmark.com/productivity.htm

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Tacoma - you are absolutely right. I think your 3 acres might even be somewhat optomistic. But Close.

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

2.5 to 4.

I have a 4 acre retention ditch that I can mow in just over an hour if it isn't too tall or thick. 27 HP Gravely 60" top speed of 11 MPH. Mowing speed around 8 MPH.
    When it is tall or thick or both, it takes about 2 hours.