Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this mower new at the end of last year and noticed it used a little oil. I changed the oil at the first of the year (100 hrs) and at 156 hrs I am down to the add line on the dipstick. It is a Kohler 27.

Also, when I cut low 1.75" the deck leaves crop circles all over the place. Is there something I can do about this? The deck also seems to bounce more over rough terrain than it did when new. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
As far as the oil issue goes, you really need to get it to a dealer and have them look at it to make sure there isn't a serious internal engine issue, some oil consumption is normal, whether or not your consumption is excessive needs to be determined, your dealer can talk to Kohler about this.
Your bouncing deck question I answered in your other post.
Let me know what your dealer says, unfortunately I cant diagnose this over the internet.

Pj

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
I bought this mower new at the end of last year and noticed it used a little oil. I changed the oil at the first of the year (100 hrs) and at 156 hrs I am down to the add line on the dipstick. It is a Kohler 27.

Also, when I cut low 1.75" the deck leaves crop circles all over the place. Is there something I can do about this? The deck also seems to bounce more over rough terrain than it did when new. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!!!
That is not considered oil consumption, that is very little oil usage, twice that amount would be considered normal.

I would say you have flex forks if you are seeing circles when stopping to change directions, am I correct in this assumption?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts