• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Hustler Trimstar questions?

kps2389

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm considering purchasing a 54" Hustler Trimstar this year. Anyone have experience with these mowers? They offer 2 engine options a 19 hp and a 23 hp kawasaki. Does the 19 hp have enough power? because its $1,000 price difference between the 2 engines. Any feedback is appreciated positive or negative.

Sweet Tater

LawnSite Silver Member
I have a Trimstar stll on loan from Hustler for a field test, love the machine. Mine has the 19 and so far havent had any problems with it. however if I were buinh one, never hurts for the larger engine if you have the money.
I would venture the statement that you will love a trimstar

OP
K

kps2389

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a Trimstar stll on loan from Hustler for a field test, love the machine. Mine has the 19 and so far havent had any problems with it. however if I were buinh one, never hurts for the larger engine if you have the money.
I would venture the statement that you will love a trimstar
Is yours a 54" deck?

Sweet Tater

LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet Tater

LawnSite Silver Member
correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the 23hp come w/ electric start, and the 19hp is pull start?
I dont know if its because of the hp, but yes my 19 has a pull with a key:confused:

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
The 54" trimstar with the 19hp is a pull start and does have plenty of power unless you are cutting much overgrown grass. The 23hp is electric start and has tons of power. Either are great machiens, we just sold our last one friday and have a bunch more comming for the season.

OP
K

kps2389

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks guys! Any other opinions?

JimQ

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks guys! Any other opinions?
I have no real world experience with the Trimstar but I sure like what I see. I like their new floating deck design. It has to beat the heck out of pins.

The 2800's under it should last a long time.... and no leak points.

Looks like a nice machine to me. But, remember, I'm speaking with no personal experience. Just offering an opinion.

Q