Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
1,850 Posts
I hate to say it but try a search and check the Hustler forum on this site. there has been quite a bit of discussion on them lately. I am waiting for my dealer to get one in now Hopefully I can be mowing with it by the end of next week.

· Registered
3,901 Posts
Originally posted by yourlawnguy
I have the 48" Hustler, easiest machine I've ever operated doesn't stripe without a kit though. Gives a decent cut also I think they are going for about $5200.00 got mine for $4200.00.
My only complaint about it is it doesn't cut as nice as my "Exmark"
Doubles will cure that problem, which must of us are running anyway. Try it......
Pete

· Registered
3,901 Posts
Originally posted by John Gamba

Steve
You should see how the 52 ultra sends it. Wait till you put doubles on!
John
John,
I have the problem on really small lawns where my machine works well it actually throws the grass too far.......Does the Exmark do the same thing?

· Registered
3,901 Posts
Pete
With doubles YES. you are better off bagging or putting one of those ocdc things on.
John
Yup, sounds like we think alike.........
So..... whatdaya think about a OCDC that instead of closing the chute, when flipped, allows the grass to be tranfer up and around (a 180), with a small bagger in the middle of the deck?????
That's one of my winter projects...............

· Registered
13,950 Posts
Oh i just got what you said. i did that about 2 years ago and it clumped And would fill with grass. I think you would have to use a blower of some kind. When i used trac-vacs, I used the deck boot as a ocdc i would get to a mulch bed and drop the boot down to bag when i got clear i just picked the boot up. i kept the engine running and after a while i put a throttle on it. it worked great even if i double cut i could just put the boot down and bag the cut up clippings. the trac-vac is just to small when i needed to bag the whole lawn.
John

· Registered
3,901 Posts
Oh i just got what you said. i did that about 2 years ago and it clumped And would fill with grass. I think you would have to use a blower of some kind. When i used trac-vacs, I used the deck boot as a ocdc i would get to a mulch bed and drop the boot down to bag when i got clear i just picked the boot up. i kept the engine running and after a while i put a throttle on it. it worked great even if i double cut i could just put the boot down and bag the cut up clippings. the trac-vac is just to small when i needed to bag the whole lawn.
John
John,
Did you use highlift doubles?? My machine will bag soaking wet grass like a compactor. You can fell the breeze 20 feet away. Also, as we both are thinking (I think) it won't be for full lawn bagging but just for those spots that you can't discharge...........

· Banned
1,976 Posts
Rob,

in my experience, i ripped off the preceaner (the round doughnut) on top of the cylinder filter on a swing seat. whoops :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.