1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

hustler ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, Jan 5, 2003.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

wonder why hustler doesn't offer kubota diesel in super z??they've been using them for years in outfront mowers!what would be wrong with a super z with a 28hpkubota diesel for about 11000??:confused:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We would need to redesign the rear of the current machine.
    We use vertical shaft engines, the Kubotas are all horizontal, and of course the Kubota is a rather large engine to put in the rear of that unit.
    As we are adding engines to the current line up, we are expanding your options, a diesel is in the future I would think....;)

On a side note,
    How many here use diesels in there mid mount Z's and what mfg and deck size, and what did you pay for them ?

Later
    Pj

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

grassdaddy,
    If you want a kubota in a midmount ZTR, then go look at the Grasshopper midmounts. You can get them with either the 21hp Kubota diesel, or the 28hp Kubota diesel. Both are great machines. I own one of each. Grasshopper has a long histery of using Kubota diesels in their mowers.

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have,i like the outfront hop also.our dealer is a super good guy too.i've been lookin at the kubota zd28f with fab. deck.kubota is offering 0%apr.--i rode a super z at nashville its fast,rides great,awesome built deck,reps were very nice.if they come out with a oilburner i'll probably get one.;)