1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hutler Excel 400 Manual

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mpwangler, Jun 16, 2004.

1. mpwangler

mpwangler LawnSite Member

I am looking for a manual and parts list for a 1986 Hustler Excel 400. The unit has a 72" deck and the Ford 4 cylider engine.

Specificially I am looking for a the part # for the starter. The local dealer was not able to help me out.
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The starter you request has been discontinued from being available from Hustler, I am sure it is available from a Ford industrial engine dealer, our old Hustler part # was 036111, this was for a Hustler 400 with a model # of 923326, you may have a chance finding one at some older Hustler dealers. There was a model 400 with a newer engine in it built around the same time I believe, it was a model 924258 and the starter is available through Hustler on that model and it is part # 081117 and has a MSRP of 445.00.
    I do not have those manuals available in a electronic form, you would need to go to your dealer and order them, they should be about 30.00 a manual.
    May I suggest trying to have it rebuilt or even possibly taking it to a NAPA store and letting them look at the #'s on it, they may have a new or reconditioned one at a reasonable price, I have heard of many people doing the above.

Hope this helps.
    Pj

3. rdcanoe

rdcanoe LawnSite Member

I need a musl for a hustler 400. If anyone has one I would be glad to buy it. Roger

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can order set of manuals from your dealer.
    Make sure you bring the model and serial # of the tractor and deck.

Pj

5. rdcanoe

rdcanoe LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me how many HP the Hustler 400 4 cyl ford gas engine has. Roger

6. okievarmint

okievarmint LawnSite Member

The Ford Industrial engine on the 400 is rated at 34HP @ 3000RPM.

7. okievarmint

I can e-mail a copy of a manual if you will post your e-mail.

8. mpwangler

mpwangler LawnSite Member

I am interested in the manual for the Excel 400 Hustler tractror. I have the 4 cylinder gas engine and the 72" deck. I have a parts manual, but no manual for the tractor.

My email is mpwangler@yahoo.com

Thanks much!
    Michael

9. okievarmint

I need your model and serial #

10. barondeau1

barondeau1 LawnSite Member

I would like to obtain a download of a Hustler Excel 400 owners manual and/or parts list.
    Thanks.