Hybrid/combo trailer coming soon!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GrassManKzoo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Just needed something to keep the clippings out of the truck bed and not have to unload them. Plus no one around here has them and we’re really trying to stand out this year. They are also building us a custom dump trailer and if this works out well we will be ordering 4 more in the fall. Also looking into getting a 15yd terrain pro m3 formerly a mulch mule for this spring. The manufacturer is bringing up a demo on the 25th that were taking it to the Landscape supply store and gonna run it through its paces.

Greencuts518 likes this.
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I drooled quite a bit walking around there lot. A lot of very cool custom trailers that he builds.

How long did you have to wait? That was my biggest problem, he told me 3 months and it ended up being 6.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  3. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

16 weeks he says, but for what we want and the fact no one else in our area will even consider building one of these, it’s worth the wait. Tried to line his pockets with extra cash to move us to the front but he didn’t accept.

And yeah how is the Michigan/Indiana are the biggest in the country for trailers but no one will Even consider building these trailers. Mind boggling

4. Mark Oomkes

Even stranger is he's in the middle of nowhere, small town of a few hundred people. Looks like a pretty cool place to live with a slower pace, lots of hunting possibilities...deer and yote.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  5. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Yeah, I guess he’s dealing with some pretty bad flooding there right now

6. Mark Oomkes

The CFO was showing me pics on the BookFace. Looked up one of the towns and saw it was only a few miles from him.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder how well these will dump. When I dump my trucks or trailer I have to pull forward a bit to get all the debris to slide out.

8. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Turn to the left and pull away I would think

zlandman likes this.
  9. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Those side dumps work great when dumping leaves or grass. If you have sticks it slides halfway out than you have to pull it the rest of the way.

GrassManKzoo likes this.