1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

hydraulic question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by YellowDogSVC, Apr 11, 2010.

  1. YellowDogSVC

    YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX
    Messages: 3,787

    As some of you know, I use a CAT attachment (HM312) mulcher on a Bobcat s330. The HM 312 mulcher (FAE) has 5 hydraulic lines. Two for flow to the hydro motor, one for case drain and two small lines that operate a separate cylinder that opens and closes the mulching door.
    CAT machines come with all the hookups but when I switched to Bobcat, I had to add rear hydraulics at a significant cost to be able to operate the door.

    Question, do any of you know of a diverter valve or anything else that could be used? I wouldn't even mind an electric over hydraulic setup that I could operate with the Bobcat electrical system like I do with the stump grinder.

    When I sell, trade, or get another Bobcat, I'd like to save about 3k that could be put into an attachment or taken off the price.

  2. ccstrebe

    ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 579

  3. stuvecorp

    stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,245

    Did you have an idea how much that cost? I looked a little and didn't find anything.
  4. YellowDogSVC

    YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX
    Messages: 3,787

    i'm looking for some type of electric diverter that would work with Bobcat controls. I'd rather not run anything to cab and I can't run 37 gpm to my little cylinder that operates the trap door.
  5. Digdeep

    Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,840

    Unfortunately, Bobcat has a habit of setting up their hydraulics and electronics so that you can't run other OEM attachments on their machines. You might want to check with FAE (CAT is branding the head) to see if they have a pig tail that would allow you to use a diverter through your S330 hydraulics.
  6. Treemow

    Treemow LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 291

    The diverter valve your speaking of comes from FAE. My machine only has two hydraulic connections so I ordered the electric over hydraulic kit for the door from FAE. It is a valve body that robs fluid from the motor inside the mulcher itself. The CAT is a rebranded FAE so the kit will work. You could contact FAE directly or just use your local FAE dealer. Hope this helps.
  7. YellowDogSVC

    YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX
    Messages: 3,787

    I wonder if that would affect mulcher power? How do you activate the electric over hydraulic? Does it plug into your Bobcat round plug?

    FAE has not been helpful in the past and CAT has been less than helpful even finding replacement hoses though they tried (kept sending out the wrong ones). I may talk to an FAE distributor.
  8. Treemow

    Treemow LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 291

    You can't open or close the door when the mulcher is spooled up. It will only open when the mulcher first comes on or is bogged. This tells me it is a priority valve and the door cylinder is only receiving a small amount of fluid.The kit comes with all the hoses and valve assembly. I hardwired mine into the right joy stick of the machine. We didn't use the electrical attachment plug that comes with the machine. For a Bobcat you can just by the pul from another attachment and hardwire to it. There was a guy online selling multi pin connectors for all brands. I first looked at adding rear hydraulics like yourself but the kit was much more economical.

Share This Page