Hydro gear box

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Donald David, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Donald David

Donald David LawnSite Member

I have a 5 year old Club Cadet zero turn with steering wheel. When you turn left, the left rear wheel locks up just before the front wheels are straight again. I thought it was the hydro gear box so I put a brand new one on it however backing it out of the garage was fine but going forward the left rear wheel is still locking up. you can turn right and go in circles you can turn left and go in circles but right before the tires are back straight that is when the left rear wheel starts locking up. I don't know if there is a air purge problem, no place on this particular model to do it or if its a linkage or what. The unit model is zc-dmbb-cagb-24px

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

What model Cub Cadet?

That Guy Gary and JLSLLC like this.
  3. Donald David

Rzts 54 inch cut, has steering wheel instead of 2 levers

4. Walker56

CubCadet wont let me download anything without a model number and serial number.
    https://support.cubcadet.com/s/article/213-1
    Your left hydro is probably not in true neutral when the steering wheel is centered. It could be a linkage adjustment or due to worn parts. Post up the info and I, as well as other members, will be able to look at the parts diagram, manual etc and possibly offer some suggestions.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  5. Donald David

Ok, I'll get it this evening, thanks

6. Donald David

Model 17arcbda010, ser #1j204h10062, with rtz s54 fab under all that. Ok, another guy said definitely not the gear box, probably a broken bolt in steering sector, not allowing rod to fully engage thing on gear box.

7. Walker56

I went on the CubCadet website and cannot get any info on checking or adjusting the linkage. Look at the illustrated parts list, page 18. I would look for loose or missing bolts on part #5 and how it bolts to #29. I would look at page 16 and look at part #15 and #39. Obviously, look for any broken bolts, sloppy linkages etc and post back.

That Guy Gary likes this.