Hydro-mulching hose

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreginAlaska, Jul 2, 2002.

  1. GreginAlaska

    GreginAlaska Banned
    Messages: 829

    Hi All, I was wondering if any of you guys/gals are experts on hose for hydro-mulchers? On our Bowie 1100 we have some inch and a half semi-rigid hose (the red rubber stuff) that is heavier than heck. My wife and her female employees have a time with that stuff. This year she bought a TurfMaker 425 to do small residential lawns with (she isn't using the 1100 for hose jobs anymore) and it has the inch and a half layflat hose, that is a lot easier to pack around but she complains about it kinking on her. Do you guys know of any light weight semi-rigid hose that would work with a TurfMaker 425?
  2. Alan

    Alan Member
    Messages: 1,185

    Any of the rubber jacketed hoses are nasty to drag, seems like they are soft enough to hang up on everything. I use a PVC hose with a spiral reinforcing (also PVC) which (I think) seems to drag relatively easy. Mine is 1 1/4" and is "Tigerflex Type K". Call Amazon Hose & Rubber in Chicago, 773-884-2192, it's a stock item for them and they can put on whatever couplings you need. One caution, if you hang it over hooks, which I used to do, full of water it will crack the spiral and cause leaks. Either store it coiled in the flat or on a reel and it will last much longer.
  3. GreginAlaska

    GreginAlaska Banned
    Messages: 829

    I'll call them, Thanks! I would probably put it on a reel.

Share This Page