• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

hydro seeder

JTS lawn care

LawnSite Member
was wondering were do you go to fill the tanks on the hydro seeders you just go to a fire hydrant and fill them. also were would you get the hydro mulch or the cellulose for it at. thanks


LawnSite Silver Member
transition zone
Filling from a hydrant without permission and/or a meter might get you arrested. I use a small pump and usually fill up at a stream or pond. For this too, you sometimes need permission.
For mulch in your area, you might try Lesco or Ewing Irrigation. Or do a search for hydromulch.


LawnSite Silver Member
Morgantown, WV
You used to be able to rent a meter here in town, and fill from any low pressure hydrant.That is no longer the case, you have to go directly to the water company's main yard and fill your tanks there. You are then billed at the end of the month. We use water on site when possible, and use a nurse tank to supplement the on site line, and keep filling it while spraying from the seeder. Then we use a small transfer pump like Muddstopper to fill the seeder faster with 2 incoming sources of water. We have had good results with Profile products, look them up on the web at :www.profileproducts.com, and get a list of dealers in your area. The same can be done with about any mulch supplier.