1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

hydro wb and turning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NateinAtl, Feb 24, 2000.

1. NateinAtl

NateinAtl LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I just bought an Exmark turf tracer hp. So far it has worked out wonderfully. The only problem Iam having is every so often, I am tearing the turf with my inside tire as I do a complete turn. There's no doubt that it is something I'm doing, but I need some insight on how to rectify this problem. Thanks for the help.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I am having the same problem Nate. on certain types of grass. Try to keep all the wheels turning during the turn. On most yard you just can't use the turn on a dime feature. I have found out. Maybe someone else know better. I think Homer had some ideas

3. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i use to have the same problem with my dane,after a little bit of getting use to you learn that u have to move the inner tire just a little at the same time,i dont know if that will help you...but i do know that after a short time of use i didnt seem to tear up the grass.

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

when i come to the end of my run i turn twards the next run then while im doing my 180 turn i have to back the inside tire up a little to line up with the pattern after a while it come natural, and the slight turn is hidden by the tracks of the first two &quot;laps&quot; i took<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida