Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently thought I had water in the hydrolic resevoir on my lazer hp and I took it to the dealer and had the lines and resevoir flushed. Now, when I check the amount of hydrolic oil, when the mower is cold it registers as low. I add oil and when I am cutting grass the resevoir is spewing hydrolic oil all over the engine.
What do you think is causing this? Thanks for any info....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The oil was indeed foamey. I noticed that I could mow the the machine for appoximatley 1 hour before the oil started coming out of the top of the resevoir. My big concern is the hydrolic motors. I wanted to be sure that there is no damage done. The mower is under waranty, it's brand new, less than 30 hrs.
The dealership told me this is not an issue that the waranty covers. They charged me 184.00 to clean out the entire hydroli system. Does this sound right to you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took the mower back to the dealer again. He was not very happy to see me. I told him the mower was still spewing the hydrolic oil all over the engine. They called me 4 hours later and said when they did the clean out of the system they had left one of the hoses loose. They said I should not have any more problems. I have ran the mower extremely had this week and it is running perfect.
The reason I thought there was water in the system is because of the color of the oil when it was spewing out of the top of the resevoir. I did not know that the oil was a white color when the air was causing it to bubble up. I thought I had acidently got water in it from washing the mower off at the end of the day.

I appreciate all the advice and help. Hopefully everything will remain in good shape.

Thanks Again !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The mower is doing it again!!!!!

I am getting ready to take the mower back to the dealer again about the hydrolic.

They have charged me for oil and an oil filter and I have noticed they did not replace the oil filter, it is the same one that was on the mower when I took it in originally.

Defintley tired ,,,,,

Lamchop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts