1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hydros '02 vs '01

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by AltaLawnCare, May 9, 2002.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a 2001 23 Kaw Lazer Z, and subsequently bought a 2002 23 Kohler Lazer. The stick control feels much better on the '02...
    Did Exmark change the hydros, or is it in my head? :confused:

The '01 had 250 hours on it.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Billy,

If the unit you are referring to is an '02 Lazer Z and not the Lazer Z HP, we (actually the pump manufacturer) have made changes to the pumps, but I doubt that you would be able to feel much of a difference between the two. My guess is what you were feeling was the difference in the motion control dampeners. The dampeners on the demo were probably a little worn, while the dampeners on your '02 Lazer are brand new.

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to put an '01 and an '02 side-by-side to compare the feel of the two. Maybe there is a difference. It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to spend some "quality time" on a Lazer. Looks like I need to do some homework!

--If anyone could tell a difference, I'm sure it would be you guys :D .

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Dustin. This kind of support weighed a lot in my buying decision.

I may be getting more used to it, but mine sure doesn't feel as jerky as the Demo.
    I wouldn't think being Kohlor vs Kawaski would matter.
    :)