1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hydroseeding Question.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by greenscapes inc., Jul 6, 2006.

1. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have just purchased a new hydroseeder and I have a question about fertilizers. I was wondering if it helps to use a fertilizer with pre-emergent with the mix? Would this help keep the weeds out or is it a waist of money. Also I am finding that about 8 to 10 cents a sq foot is about average, does that sound right? Thanks for your help.

2. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

due not use a pre-emergent, use only starter fert

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 18-24-12 starter, it has a 50% release and i apply 8-10 per k. However your area maybe different. I have had my seeder 1 year to date and have done around 50 yards for my self and other contactors. Im not sure what you meant by the fert. you were using. I have had great results getting high as 98% coverage first time. This fert. stays and lawn stays greener longer than i have seen from any thing else. many new lawns come up with the yellow cast meaning all the fertlizer is gone. I get around 7 cents in my area which for the area is pretty good.
    Mike
    www.bobcatservice33.com

4. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member